Fine Woods of Houston

This has been a local treasure for Houston area woodworkers since the mid 80's. I went by there the other day and it was shut down. Apparently, the owner, Charlie Burford, has gone out of the wood business. Any ideas as to what happened?

I bought there once or twice in the late 70's and mid 80's, Might it have been the high prices?