Finally used my Veritas Med. shoulder plane...

Wow, that sucker sure is sweet! 3 quick passes over a fat tenon and the joint is good to go. (It was a Christmas present that I had asked for, but hadn't used until today. Previously all I'd done is hone and polish it. I had also taken a few swipes across some scrap, but there's nothing like using it "for real" to get a perfect M/T fit)
Highly recommended.
Dave
Thank you; that's nice to hear, as mine should be arriving tomorrow. GerryG

Yeah, although mine tends to sit unused, while I have to blow through some projects more suited to pockets screws and biscuits...
It's a very well designed and made handplane. Glad you like yours.
Patriarch

After sharpening, I find I use it a great deal. Its almost always on my bench.
Dave

It sure is! I love mine.
Cutting a tenon just a scootch fat and dry fitting with that tool is pure joy. I also have the large and chisel / bullnose version, they're just as good.
Have fun,. Barry

Even sweeter to use it as a shoulder plane and trim cheeks as required with a LN rabbet block....