Finally talked to Lee Valley

Page 1 of 3
They are just the nicest folks! I called in with a couple questions and found them super nice and helpful. I'm gonna wait for them to send me a newer catalog before I place my first order...
dave
On 05 Nov 2003, Bay Area Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

Golly, Dave, that's just super! Make sure you let us know when it arrives! And tell us everything you can about each item you order, too, 'cause, gosh, we all just live to hear every tedious and excruciating detail of every decision you make! I know I do!
On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:57:46 GMT, Scott Cramer

AOL! I know I'd *much* rather read about someone's experience ordering from a catalog than some silly nonsense about making a piece of wood look attractive.
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /
wrote:

and
arrives!
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:35:44 -0800, "Erik Ahrens"

Normally I'd agree. This time I made an exception for debatable reasons.
If it helps, by all accounts I'm aware of, Lee Valley has an impeccable reputation.
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /
On 05 Nov 2003, Erik Ahrens top-posted unto rec.woodworking:

    Sorry if I caused your BVDs to bunch up, Erik. There was no intention to cast aspersions on Lee Valley - I'm as big a fan as anyone. There's no shortage of praise to be found for them on the Wreck, either.
    What there is a superfluity* of is BAD's incessant, generally useless, non-stop blathering about everything, anything, and nothing that prompted my post.
    Everyone who disagrees with me is welcome sign in -- I don't think there will be a stampede, however.
Scott
*copyright 2003 S.Cramer
Scott Cramer wrote:

LOL! That's pretty good, but don't try to claim you invented the word "ridiculuity", because that's *mine* :-)
--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.

Yeah they are fine people to deal with....
Uh... you did not sneeze during the conversation did you? LOL

sneeze? what's that about?
dave
Leon wrote:

http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=off&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_umsgid=2u2ib.231%24oG6.3@ne wssvr27.news.prodigy.com&lr=lang_en&numP&hl=en
Priceless.
Art

the bozos are at it again. I can tell by who's in the filtered messages. Bite me, boys! Will ANY of you EVER grow up?
dave
Wood Butcher wrote: snip
Hey Dave, that was funny... Seems like you accused David E. a few weeks ago about reporting each time he sneezes... I was just yanking your chain.. ;~)

I think he posts pictures when he thinks a sneeze is coming on.
dave
Leon wrote:

Future Threads From Bay Area Dave Eisen:
"They Put Bananas In My Cereal Today"
UA100
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote: snippity snip snip

"The new telephone book is here!"

Hey Dave,
I took a crap today and there were peanuts in it. I'm going to eat corn tonight. I'll keep you posted.
bite me!
WebsterSteve wrote:

Dear Steve,

I laughed out loud and people around me at looking at me more strangely than normal...
Thanks,
David.
is that because you are normally strange?
dave