Finally setting up my shop tools

Well, I bought one of those Dewalt 735 planers when Amazon hiccupped and dropped the prices for 20 minutes. Today, I finally unpacked it and gave it a small test. IT was awesome!!!! I took it out of the box, installed the handle, plugged it in, adjusted the depth of cut and started planning. It was fantastic. Smooth, quiet, chips were shooting out in a straight line for 6 feet. It is sitting on the floor and I now have to figure out what kind of stand to make. I also came home with the Ridgid OSS from HD yesterday and set that up this morning. It went together very quickly and I started to use. I needed the spindle function but wound up using the spindle from the sanding belt instead. I am building a replacement ladder back chair upper section for the local university and needed to sand the pattern for routing . So today I used the Excalibur sliding table and every other tool in the shop. I think a great first day in the new shop. max
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Nothing like ending the day feeling after a good workout in the wood shop :) I just finished repairing some chairs. Although a little tedious, still somewhat rewarding. I even used a few hand tools :) -- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 70 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner - Karcher NT361 Dust Extractor - Ozito Electronic Ear Muffs - Festool TDK Cordless Drills - Infinity Kitchen Making Router Bit Set - Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps ------------------------------------------------------------

I
floor
this
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Nice. How did the Excalibur end up working out for you and your shop space?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I used the sliding table a couple of times )just because I could). It seems handy. I am going to have to cut two feet off the right side so I can keep the sliding table. That will leave me with a 40 inch rip to the right so I think it will be fine. I set up the Ridgid OSS and I love it. It is a little strange in that the belt direction is clockwise and I have to stand on the other side to sand. I guess the ones we had in the shop ran the other way. max

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I have about the same rip capacity due to space restrictions. It's OK 99% of the time. The other 1% you just deal with however you can.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.