Finally setting up my shop tools

Well, I bought one of those Dewalt 735 planers when Amazon hiccupped and dropped the prices for 20 minutes. Today, I finally unpacked it and gave it a small test. IT was awesome!!!! I took it out of the box, installed the handle, plugged it in, adjusted the depth of cut and started planning. It was fantastic. Smooth, quiet, chips were shooting out in a straight line for 6 feet. It is sitting on the floor and I now have to figure out what kind of stand to make. I also came home with the Ridgid OSS from HD yesterday and set that up this morning. It went together very quickly and I started to use. I needed the spindle function but wound up using the spindle from the sanding belt instead. I am building a replacement ladder back chair upper section for the local university and needed to sand the pattern for routing . So today I used the Excalibur sliding table and every other tool in the shop. I think a great first day in the new shop. max

Reply to
max

Nothing like ending the day feeling after a good workout in the wood shop :) I just finished repairing some chairs. Although a little tedious, still somewhat rewarding. I even used a few hand tools :)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

70 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner

- Karcher NT361 Dust Extractor

- Ozito Electronic Ear Muffs

- Festool TDK Cordless Drills

- Infinity Kitchen Making Router Bit Set

- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps

Woodcrafter

Nice. How did the Excalibur end up working out for you and your shop space?

Reply to
toolguy

I used the sliding table a couple of times )just because I could). It seems handy. I am going to have to cut two feet off the right side so I can keep the sliding table. That will leave me with a 40 inch rip to the right so I think it will be fine. I set up the Ridgid OSS and I love it. It is a little strange in that the belt direction is clockwise and I have to stand on the other side to sand. I guess the ones we had in the shop ran the other way. max

Reply to
max

I have about the same rip capacity due to space restrictions. It's OK

99% of the time. The other 1% you just deal with however you can.
Reply to
toolguy