Finally got a Unisaw!

It's a three horse, came with the sliding table attachment (and a "spare"cast iron wing where the sliding table attaches) and the Shopfox mobility kit and the long Unifence. The guy I got it from threw in an 8" Freud dado set, several blades and all the manuals. Ya' reckon $800. was reasonable? The only thing that bugs me is no apparent method for attaching the dust collection... There is a slot at the bottom and I did a search but found only one "accessory" which I can probably do better. Question... do they make a converter or shroud for a 4" DC line? Tom?

OK. The obligatory 'you suck' is proffered. You really did quite well.
The dust collection on new Unisaws is essentially a couple of sloped ramps in the bottom of the cabinet, with a pretty standard 4" coupler, which attaches to the saw body with sheet metal screws. Any wooddorking outlet should have a similar, at least as useful part, for less than $10. If the ramps are needed, 1/4" plywood should do the job nicely. 6 coats of shellac, followed by several coats of Johnson's paste wax, and you should be in business.
Be sure to hook up the saw to the dc with pvc pipe. And clean the top with acetone.
Patriarch
<snip>

Three years of looking seriously in the paper and this guy walked into the office! Why the acetone? Or did I miss the bulge in your cheek ;>) Tom

Bulge? He won't be able to talk for weeks from the tongue injury.

Well, it's knot my problem <BG>.
There is some cleaning up to do, and new belts, etc. but my Jet contractor style saw will probably be put on Dado duty and the Unisaur will take its place. The table (MDF) has some bow, and the prior owner must gave done some fiberglass lay up on it... the stuff is really hard. It will most likely be replaced. But I'm happy to have the beast in my stable. Tom
6 coats of shellac, followed by several coats of Johnson's paste wax, and you should be in business.
Is this for the top or the plywood ramps?

Congratulations, you suck. At least you didn't waste your money on a RAS.

Already have one... RAS, that is. It stays fixed at 90 degrees, there's a SCMS on its left at 45 and a CMS on its right a 45 the other way. All are mounted on a common plane along with a square hole shooter. Tom
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:31:24 -0400, "Thomas Bunetta"

Rimshot. Cymbal crash.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

I opened your post 5 times..and after the fifth time, I found the problem.
Tweeters out of phase.
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:47:49 -0400, "Thomas Bunetta"

Ahh, a drive-by gloat. You suck.

Thank you! At the bottom of the box of blades, etc. was a molding head with three cutters also... but I doubt it will see use, I think the router table would serve me better there. Tom