Finally found one!

Page 1 of 2

I received a call from a friend of mine who was settling his father-in-law's estate. It seemed that there were some tools in his garage and my friend had no clue (a) what the were, and (b) what the value would be.
It turns out that his father-in-law had a couple of pretty decent tools. 1 - Rockwell Unisaw with original fence and miter gauge, 1 - Rockwell 16" variable speed drill press, 1 - Delta 6" jointer (open-base)
He asked how much each was worth - given that this was a friend, I had to bite my tongue and tell him what I really thought they were worth - not what I would like to buy them for! <grin> I did tell him that if he decided to sell, I would like to have a shot at them.
Two months later, he is selling the house and needs the basement cleaned out. He told me that I could have them at $100 each! I think that I might have broken a speed limit or two getting up there to load up!
I am most excited about finally getting a unisaw (needs some TLC and a new cord) which I have been wanting for years. Good things do come to those who wait!
"John Anderson" wrote in message
<magnficent mangum gloat snipped>

You definitely suck, bubba!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05
Swingman wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been waiting years to hear those sweet words - "you suck!" :o)
John Anderson wrote:

That may not be as good as it gets, but it's so close it doesn't matter. Use 'em in good health.
Charlie Self wrote:

Thanks Charlie - I plan on it - just as soon as I get it cleaned up
Majour suckage happening

Sounds like your honesty was nicely rewarded. It's good to hear a story like this.
Regards, PDX David
Jane & David wrote:

Thanks David - I figure that the Golden Rule still applies around here.

John.. re: golden rule... I have a strong belief in karma, which to me is about the same thing... you get back what you put in... If you DID throw him a lowball price at first, the odds are that it still would have been higher than the offer he made to you, and this way you get to SUCK BIG TIME and feel good about treating a friend like a friend.... YMMV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
If you were a dinosaur you'd be a suckasaurus.
Great deal good job!
Dan

On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:45:27 -0400, the inscrutable John Anderson

Congrats on a nice gloat, John. Now, what -color- are you going to paint them?
<NOMEX=ON>
- The only reason I would take up exercising is || http://diversify.com so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites
Hmmm. I haven't given much thought to that yet.
I am partial to light-colored tools (although I do have my fair share of Porter Cable gray in the shop <grin>). I have thought of going really bold and painting ...GASP... White! :o)
Larry Jaques wrote: SNIP

I feel your pain. You have to change a cord??? My goodness, the pain!!
btw
Y O U S U C K !!!!
Robatoy wrote: SNIP

I know! I have to actually do some wiring! What will I do?!
:o)
"John Anderson" wrote

And another wreck thread deterioates into a discussion about wiring and electrical work.
And, John, you suck so much, you are an aircraft hazard.

simple... paint first so that you can color coordinate the cord..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

OR... buy the cord then use it to have the decorator harmonize the paint choice.
decisions, decisions.

Must be what caused the low pressure system around Georgia today?
todd
Todd Fatheree wrote:

Big-time vacuum happening up around Woodstock... :o)
John Anderson wrote:

Can I come visit after you get them all setup? :)
--
Odinn
RCOS #7