Finally found one!

I received a call from a friend of mine who was settling his father-in-law's estate. It seemed that there were some tools in his garage and my friend had no clue (a) what the were, and (b) what the value would be.

It turns out that his father-in-law had a couple of pretty decent tools.

1 - Rockwell Unisaw with original fence and miter gauge, 1 - Rockwell 16" variable speed drill press, 1 - Delta 6" jointer (open-base)

He asked how much each was worth - given that this was a friend, I had to bite my tongue and tell him what I really thought they were worth - not what I would like to buy them for! I did tell him that if he decided to sell, I would like to have a shot at them.

Two months later, he is selling the house and needs the basement cleaned out. He told me that I could have them at $100 each! I think that I might have broken a speed limit or two getting up there to load up!

I am most excited about finally getting a unisaw (needs some TLC and a new cord) which I have been wanting for years. Good things do come to those who wait!

Reply to
John Anderson

You definitely suck, bubba!

Reply to
Swingman

That may not be as good as it gets, but it's so close it doesn't matter. Use 'em in good health.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Majour suckage happening

Reply to
mrcomp_ca

Sounds like your honesty was nicely rewarded. It's good to hear a story like this.

Regards, PDX David

Reply to
Jane & David

On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:45:27 -0400, the inscrutable John Anderson spake:

Congrats on a nice gloat, John. Now, what -color- are you going to paint them?

- The only reason I would take up exercising is ||

so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hmmm. I haven't given much thought to that yet.

I am partial to light-colored tools (although I do have my fair share of Porter Cable gray in the shop ). I have thought of going really bold and painting ...GASP... White! :o)

Larry Jaques wrote: SNIP

Reply to
John Anderson

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been waiting years to hear those sweet words - "you suck!" :o)

Reply to
John Anderson

Big-time vacuum happening up around Woodstock... :o)

Reply to
John Anderson

I feel your pain. You have to change a cord??? My goodness, the pain!!

btw

Y O U S U C K !!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Must be what caused the low pressure system around Georgia today?

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

John Anderson wrote in news:LPmdnU2ZFo4BIg7fRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Aren't friends great?!

BTW, when I bought a _new_ Unisaw, I still needed to make a new cord, strip the cosmolins, and align everything until it was right. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. That's just what you do when a cabinet saw moves into your show, new or used.

Now make them something really nice.

Patriarch

ps: Did you ask him about the shed full of 12/4 walnut drying in the back? ;-)

Reply to
Patriarch

Thanks Charlie - I plan on it - just as soon as I get it cleaned up

Reply to
John Anderson

All I can say is that you suck the suckiest suck that ever was sucked!

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Thanks David - I figure that the Golden Rule still applies around here.

Reply to
John Anderson

Robatoy wrote: SNIP

I know! I have to actually do some wiring! What will I do?!

:o)

Reply to
John Anderson

Shhh! You weren't supposed to notice that!

Actually, the only wood that he had was a piece of 2/4 x 10" x 96" cherry - which I did ask for and receive. The rest of the wood was PT for decking.

Reply to
John Anderson

If you were a dinosaur you'd be a suckasaurus.

Great deal good job!

Reply to
dan cordes

"John Anderson" wrote

And another wreck thread deterioates into a discussion about wiring and electrical work.

And, John, you suck so much, you are an aircraft hazard.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Strictly some fine congrats John, that's awesome!

Reply to
AAvK