Finally did it

I've been talking up--writing up?--a web site for a couple years now.
Iput mine up last night, and have almost continually been modifying it. Not satisified yet, but for the price, it's right (free program, under 10 bucks a month hosting, free domain name).
Nothing for sale there, yet...unless you want car photos or are a magazine editor.
www.charlieselfonline.com
Charlie Self said:

Whoa! I didn't know I was in the presence of greatness. I _thought_ there was something familiar about that name. Why isn't your ugly mug in there somewhere?
Nice cars? Do you loan them out to woodworking buds? ;-)
Enjoy your site! I have one, but hardly have time to update it. Look forward to seeing the woodworking page.
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

Nice cars, for sure. I can't even afford a headlight on the TC and it's one of the lowest cost there. I started to say cheap, but I saw one auctioned for 35K the other day. The 1934 Jag SS1...god alone knows what that is worth, but you can believe I was very, very careful when shooting it.

Those web sites can be a real time sink. Mine gets worked on all the time. I'm rather proud of it though. http://www.topworks.ca /
Today, I'm dropping in the largest island top ever made in one piece. I'll be taking pictures.

Should read: largest island top *I*, or *my company* ever had made in one piece. I do not fabricate my own granite.

Don't sell yourself short.
With the proper, HUGE hydraulic press and enough material, I am sure you can fabricate some granite if you wanted to. ;)
Lee Michaels wrote:

Granite is SO last year. This year, fabricators are working with quartz.
Personally, I've got to put in about 16' of countertop shortly, and I'm going with what I can afford, $100 worth of post formed Formica (or Wilsonart).

Aren't you the fashion guru.

It will cost quite a bit more, (but definitely cheaper than granite), when the time comes the island I'll build will have something along the lines of an 8' maple laminated countertop. Got some incentives from one of Norm's New Yankee a few months back. Haven't quite decided what I'll use for countertops lining the walls though. Maybe Formica too if it looks suitable and not cheap.
Charlie Self said:

OK, Martha. Quite the girly man, eh? <g>
But a better question might be - How is it going to look in, say, 10 or 15 years? Like those pink and turquoise bathrooms...
But by the same token, if you hold onto it long enough, that style will eventually revolve around again into popularity. At least that's what I'm hoping - you see, I have these shirts....

LMAO - Same here...
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

Funny think. The cheap top has been in here since the house was built in '62, when it was pretty much the hot set up. 43 years. It has looked awful for about the last 7-8 years, but is still cleanable. So, given the size of the house and our current life expectancy, I am going with a cost of $100, versus about $100 a foot. We'll spend the remaining $1500 on something, I'm sure. Next year is window and siding year, so maybe there.
You have mail.....
Very nice site,
Bob S.