file cabinet done, finally....really!

swmbo is now happy, now on to murphy bed and christmas stuff. Comments welcome.
pics on a.b.p.woodworking and also at:
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~mwc/wwprojects /
Mike Coonrod
Mike Coonrod wrote:

Looks much spiffy!
The only thing I wonder about is how you open those drawers. Looks like they're pretty much flush, and spaced closely together. Looks like it would be difficult to finagle one of them open short of tilting the whole unit.
What's the magic secret? :)
Thanks, not sure I really understand your question. To open them one would just pull on the brass shell pulls.
Mike Coonrod
Silvan wrote:

Mike Coonrod wrote:

Brass shell pulls?
Oh hell, I guess I should have looked at the dates. :)
I thought you meant "finished" as in "completed construction" when I saw the pictures I looked at, so I didn't keep looking for the ones that revealed its new life as something that looks WAY too good to ever have to serve duty as a filing cabinet. My bad.
Oh, my bad, you were looking at the finished project/unfinished file cabinet. You are right, it way "very" hard to get the drawers m open before I mounted the pulls.
Mike Coonrod
Silvan wrote:

Ya musta been lookin at the unfinished cabinet, as the finished cabinet has some nice ornate handles on each drawer.

Very nice!