FIELD TARGET

Neat altrnatve to commercial, all metal,ones, and loads less expensive. Sawa picure a while back of a targett one of the English field target shooting clubs uses, Yosemite Sam, with the aim point his nose. Seems almos disloyal to like a target like Sam. Shoulda been Hilary, or Bill.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

Neat altrnatve to commercial, all metal,ones, and loads less expensive. Sawa picure a while back of a targett one of the English field target shooting clubs uses, Yosemite Sam, with the aim point his nose. Seems almos disloyal to like a target like Sam. Shoulda been Hilary, or Bill.

Hmm, dthis may get posted twice. If it does, just read it once to even it all out.

JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there?

- General George S. Patton

Reply to
J T

Actually a lot of English field target is shot on very PC spinner discs, animal outlines being considered unacceptable, human, even cartoon, outlines being banned by law for 'civilian' shooters!

Reply to
badger.badger

Massachusetts prohibits human likenesses as targets.

Something about a sin in the Muslim faith to depict the human form, I think.

Reply to
HeyBub

Thu, Jun 21, 2007, 8:11pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (badger.badger) doth sayeth: Actually a lot of English field target is shot on very PC spinner discs, animal outlines being considered unacceptable, human, even cartoon, outlines being banned by law for 'civilian' shooters!

My my, ten I guess the English bloke who made the Yosemite Sam field target was a naughty bugger, wasn't he? LMAO More likely some US Air Force type stationed over there, because the club was definitely in the U.K.

Yeah, I did see some of those non-animal type field targets on he U.K. sites, but also saw plenty of bird and anmal field targets too - rat, starlin, etc.

I have no knowledge of the U.K. rules on what type of figures are, or are not, allowed. The nice thing about the feld target plans is, you can make any type of figure you want. I do know there is a very long-time British presence in Thailand, so if you want to see pictures of some of their targets, just scrol down to fild target and click, then scroll down to the pictures.

Me, I've got a whole load of target links saved, bullseye targets, animals, birds, Clinton. LMAO