Festool, what kinda deal is that?

Page 2 of 4
. . .

For the price they audi be good.
Max

Did you really just say that? Huh? Huh? LOL
Buying them is not too too bad, making them run like a bunny and keeping them running like a bunny costs lots. LOTS.

Did I mention that after 2002 (and some '03's) they abandoned the V-6 bi-turbo concept an started doing things the American way...like dropping in big 4.2 litre V-8's? Me... I like 2 banks of 3 with their own turbeenes.

Like the 2010 Ford Taurus? Did I just say that?
Max

There is nothing wrong with that. "The SHO is powered by Ford's new EcoBoost 3.5L V6 engine. The twin-turbocharged, gasoline direct injection power plant has 365 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque." REEEEspectable indeed. Besides, that thing handles admirably. That is as competent a car as the Hyundai Genesis. Now did *I* just say that????
Still... both Ford and Hyundai need to learn a few things about style, fit and finish, and 'feel'....and 'smell'. There really isn't much that messes with an S4 Audi for the money.

To me, biggest bang for the buck still lies with Audi and Subaru... IF you like to drive.
wrote

Did you really just say that? Huh? Huh? LOL
Buying them is not too too bad, making them run like a bunny and keeping them running like a bunny costs lots. LOTS.
I had just written a comment about you and your Audi and decided that you may have had the 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 which gave reliable and inexpensive service. Then I read this comment and deleted my comment. ;~) Had 2 VW's with Audi parts all over them... Probably the most unreliable and most expensive to maintain vehicles my wife and I have ever owned. Cool cars though, when they were not in the shop.
On 4/5/2010 7:33 AM, Leon wrote:

I'm waiting for the Festool truck ... with 6' bed that pulls out to 8', built-in dust extractor, MFT, and fPadPhonePod.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I'll wait for the 10% off $128,000.00... ;~)
wrote

You mentioned everything but the ......................Sync.
Max (Got it in two vehicles)
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:33:05 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

You'd think they were designed and built by a Brit, maybe Lucas, eh?

VWs have never darkened my driveway, literally or otherwise. ;)
-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850
Leon wrote:

Sounds like my Sterling. Only British auto I will ever own.
Had an uncle who was into Audi's. He enjoyed working on cars though, so I guess they provided him with more opportunity to do so than other brands would have.

Rob Leatham
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Let me clarify that, I no longer own it and it is the last British vehicle I ever want to own. Fun car, piece o' crap to maintain.

Rob Leatham

That is what I thought you meant to say. ;~) Who'da thunk the Brits could have f'ed up a Honda/Acura.
Leon wrote:

Pretty amazing, isn't it? Takes quite a bit of incompetence to screw up something that good, but by golly, Lucas and Austin Rover were up to the task.

Rob Leatham

IIRC Forrest makes blades for some of the Festools saws. Either way the Festool blades seem to be reasonably priced for the quality you are getting. Keep in mind that "IMHO" $40 $70 for a blade is reasonable. You can find $5 blades for the common circular saw but you sacrifice cut quality when you use those saws.

Freud also make very nice metric blades - I have one in my tiny protool saw. From memory another italian company also makes high quality metric blades suitble for festool/protool.
I got the protool saw in a deal when buying the older style festool bench in a runout. The only critisism that I have is with the adapter that matches it to festool track - it puts the sawblade about 10mm to the right of the track so I can't line up just using the edge.

Are you asking if the 5-for-a-dollar Oldham Destructo blades will work? . . . :-)

Are you asking if the 5-for-a-dollar Oldham Destructo blades will work? . How much for the granite blades?

Those tend to break easily when they're being mounted on the saw. They never really caught on, most people prefer blades made from some kind of metal.