Festool sander, deal with Leon?

Page 1 of 2
I don't know if people have seen this promotion, but my PC 5" orbital is getting long in the tooth so I thought I'd take a trip to the green side.
http://tinyurl.com/jsnx3zx
Basically a Festool for $50 (I'm assuming I can sell the $50 voucher to Leon for $49 8^)
-BR
On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 9:58:43 AM UTC-4, Brewster wrote:

Leon might have to wait a while to partake of your offer...
"Due to overwhelming demand, Festool has asked all dealers to suspend taking orders for the PRO 5 until further notice. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be informed of updates, including when the PRO 5 sander will be available for order again."
On 10/8/16 8:23 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

orders for the PRO 5 until further notice. Please subscribe to our newsletter
to be informed of updates, including when the PRO 5 sander will be available for order again."

Yeah, I had heard of this offer earlier this week and jumped in. Won't ship until November, but maybe Leon will accept $48? (or because it is a "limited edition voucher", the price could be higher 8^)
-BR
On 10/8/2016 8:58 AM, Brewster wrote:

I got an e-mail indicating limited quantities while quantities last and available Nov 1 through Woodcraft.
I would imagine that there will be a limited quantity at this price.

I didn't see anything on the Woodcraft website, so I don't know if it's an in store only thing. Our closest Woodcraft is 2 hours away.
PUckdropper
On 10/8/2016 11:36 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

I could not find the sander on the Festoolusa.com site either. The Woodcraft info was on an e-mail.

I want one!
That voucher might be another degree of tilt towards the Domino. I've got a Kreg jig I can use in some similar situations, but never really took to it.
Puckdropper

Thankfully, I don't hafta hold my breath. ;)
nb

That's an outstanding price on an outstanding sander. It says "Out of Stock" but Highland has them, complete with free shipping.
<http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/festool-pro-5-random-orbit-sander.aspx

Oh, and they indicate that you can use this offer to get the 10% discount on vacs, too.

With the 10% discount on vacs and the $50 coupon, the sander is almost free. (In some cases, it will be free.) I wonder what the actual T&C's are on coupon are. Looks like it's got to be used between Nov 1 and Dec 31, which means you've got to be serious about buying another Festool Tool soon. I wonder if some of the more accessory type items are considered tools?
Does anyone have the Kapex CMS? Is it worth the $1475? Wow, I thought it was closer to $1000... I'll probably get a LOT more bang for the buck with another brand!
The smallest vac, the CT SYS HEPA vac does sure look like it'll be light enough to move around fairly easily. When I use my RO125 at the club, I have to bring my Fein along and that's not fun.
Puckdropper
On 10/8/16 11:12 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

The vac would be a nice 'accessory' to use the $50 for, hmmmm...
I believe the voucher is only good for power tools, expires 12/2017 so plenty of time to ponder.
-BR

On 10/09/2016 9:43 AM, Brewster wrote: ...

The Woodcraft disclaimer says:
"* The rebate coupon is valid until December 31, 2016 and can be used on any future purchase of a Festool tool, except for the PRO 5 LTD. Rebates cannot be combined."
On 09 Oct 2016 05:12:59 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

I think there was a tread on FOG saying that they were having a lot of problems with them and that Festool wasn't standing behind the product. You might take a look. They were in the $1100 range but that was several across-the-board price increases ago.

Even the big ones are easy to move. The rear handle makes it sorta like a hand truck. The wheels are big enough that it has no trouble going up and down stairs, for example. They aren't heavy, anyway.
On 10/9/2016 1:12 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

Itwas closer 1200 then 1400. Every couple of years you get an email that says get them b4 we raise the price. Then they really raise them. Not by a little.
--
Jeff

On 10/9/2016 1:45 PM, woodchucker wrote: Snip

I have observed some Festool prices come down after a so called price increase. Most prices go up, some actually come down, typically table parts and other accessories.

Santa came early and dropped my Festool Pro-5 sander down the chimney today. They do exist. ;-)

Where do you live? I'm just trying to figure out when Santa will deliver mine. :-)
(I guess I could check the tracking link, but what's the fun in that?)
Puckdropper
On 11/2/2016 11:23 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

Radar indicates........ LOL

Santa dropped it on the porch today. Got some play time in with it and then went to finish setting the knives on the jointer. I do like the new Systainer design, it's sure a lot easier to use.
It uses the same size sandpaper as my other sander, so I'm all set.
I did find a hanging chad, though! Election time is near so vote your conscience (and don't be afraid to write in "none of the above!")
Puckdropper