Festool - Random Orbital Sanders w/Vacuum

If you are doing sanding jobs indoors that require total dust collection and keeping the work area dust free, you should consider the Festool ROS Sander combinded with the Festool dust extractor. I did and it rocks.

This combination doesnt just remove some of the dust, it gets it all.

If you are interested you can check out this high end sanding tool, at:

is a little expensive but well worth it, it has done an incredible job for me on my last 3 work sites.

Reply to
Michael

Yes, but for 25% of the cost of the Festool, you could do the same or better with a cheap PC 333 and a Shopvac with a Cleanstream filter (the Cleanstream filters down to the sub-micron level)

Reply to
mp

Well, I pretty much sand for a living, and while I agree that the combination you mention is cheaper, I know from experience that is will fall apart and be hell to work withh all the time. The Festool will last a lot longer and is much easier ont he arms and upper body. Not to mention is comes with a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer should anything go wrong. If you want the best, and I believe in the long run the most economical, go with the festool.

Reply to
Michael

Is this the truth?

Your original post sounded like unmitigated spam from the distributor you recommended.

The URL included "AdSRC=rec.woodworking."

McFeelys sells Festool as well. Maybe everybody should head over there if they want some stuff.

Reply to
p_j

I have used Festo for years ...my rotex still does what it said on the packet after 7 years hard use plus my hands dont go numb from the vibrations.I have a CT22 vacuum which is designed purely for dust collection....it does what it says it does.In fact I would`nt use anything else where I can buy a festo or festool as they are now called except for the cordless drills they suck bigtime killed the first one in 12 months .Check out Fein as well they make good sanders I have the delta sander from them and that is still going after seven years without a hitch.I`m in europe so I cant speak for what the prices are like where you are but festo is only 10% or so more expensive here than the makita and the big yellow (bah spit) in the Netherlands. Russell

Reply to
Russell

sure does sound like spam, huh? for $700 is sure as hell had better do a better job than my PC/Fein combo!! holy *&^$ batman!

dave

p_j wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave