Festool power tools.

Send me your email addy and Facebook info. I took some pictures recently and am putting together a second "Bucky report" and will send it to you and Karl.

Quick comments, we recently got snow and puppy has genetic memory of snow and wan in dog heaven all the time the snow was around. He would literally do flips with excitement when out in the snow. We also got a kitten and they are the best of buddies. Together they terrorize the house. She gets up on things and knock them on the floor. He immediately chews them up. I will get that report and pictures out soon.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Agreed. AAMOF, there is no equipment in the current "state of the art" that has brought us any closer to faithfully recording/reproducing content as experienced by the human ear.

And _the removal of frequency content inherent in the source material_ , in an effort to do, so has arguably gotten us further from that ultimate goal. :(

(BTW, your keyboard types as bad as mine) ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Because the components aren't perfect (or perfectible). The math is.

Reply to
krw

14Ga = 2.08mm^2

D(mm) = e^(2.1104-.11594n)

If that's too hard:

D(mm) = .127 x 92^((36-n)/39)

Where D is the diameter in mm and n is the wire gauge. Simple, huh? ;-)

Two-wire "lamp cord". It's called "zip cord" because the two wires easily separate down the middle (unzip it) by pulling them apart.

Not something you use to remotely operate your flies I presume.

Not on purpose.

Reply to
krw

Physics can be a bitch.

Reply to
krw

Yep, ol' Fletch even managed to get his own button on almost every consumer amplifier.

Reply to
Swingman

Nope. Not when you advocate, as you have, removing much of the material needed for "math" to be used to effect a solution.

Cutesy little one liners, though ... even if more than a bit shallow.

Reply to
Swingman

Certainly has you confused.

Reply to
Swingman

Dudley Port railway station to Birmingham.

Part Birmingham "New Mainline" to Pudding Green junction, part Walsall canal to Doe Bank junction, Tame valley canal via Rushall junction as far as Salford junction then down the Grand Union to Aston Junction. From there we walked to the Wetherspoons in the city centre. We'd already completed the Birmingham "New Mainline" in it's entirety and the "Aston ring". It was a way of walking the Tame Valley canal that allowed us to use public transport.

We've already walked a lot of canals in the area but have a few still to do.

Next month we walk from Wolverhampton to Walsall and the April walk is from Walsall, up via the Wyrley and Essington to Catshill junction, then south through Rushall to the Tame valley canal, terminating the walk at Tame Valley Parkway rail station - estimated at 18 miles.

I assume you know the canal network round the Midlands fairly well?

Reply to
Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Wrong again ... "represent" is not my term. It is in fact part of the actual technical definition of the Red Book audio CD standard:

your total ignorance of the basics of the issue even more apparent.

And so now you agree ... meaning you were wrong to begin with and have publicly admitted it.

It's you that's pwned, Dude.

Reply to
Swingman

LOL!!

Had to go to google to see this. Something wrong on usenet.

Reply to
Han

Sounds good, although I think 18 miles in a day would be beyond me!

No, I don't know the Midlands well at all, I just like canals. I live between the Bridgewater and the Manchester Ship Canal. I like the history and the engineering of them - fascinating stuff. I also live near (enough) to Sankey Brook Nav and Stephenson's lovely old bridge!

Reply to
David Paste

When Rachel (my eldest daughter) and I were sitting in Wetherspoon's with a pint each of "Thatchers Gold" (cider), feeling absolutely cream-crackerd, I said "Do you reckon we can manage this 20 miler?" (walks are always actually longer than map estimate but I have a Garmin e-trex legend HCx that gives actual milage and speed afterwards, so I tend to round stuff up). The reply was "We'll see how it goes".

On the other hand, we've already done 17 miles twice (in rather better weather). It's just a matter of working up to it. Canals do have the advantage of being virtually flat

We started this two or three years ago when Rachel decided she wanted to do a sponsored walk to raise some money for a charity -

roped me in as her companion and was originally proposing to walk from Oxford to Coventry (80 miles) over four days but after a few "training walks" it quickly became apparent that it was not practical, so we did Oxford to Leamington-spa instead (60 miles)

The first walk we did was from Coventry canal basin out to Hawkesbury junction (Sutton Stop), about 5 miles. After a brief sojourn in "The Greyhound" we decided to walk back to her house (about 4 miles), instead of taking a bus. By the time we got there, after a total of 9 miles, I had to plead with her to drive me home because I felt incapable of walking as far as the bus stop!

I forget now the actual figure we raised but we decided to continue our walks as a means of keeping fit and spending time together.

The "Birmingham Canal Navigation" comprises over 100 miles of canals and we hope to cover most of them. Details can be found on Waterscape.com but you probably know that.

Salford junction on the canal system lies slap-bang underneath "Spaghetti junction", J6 on the M6 motorway, and seen from canal level that is a pretty amazing piece of enginnering too. Only from there, as you walk along underneath it, do you appreciate the multi-level complexity of it all - with a railway running through the middle of it too!

If you ever get the chance to get down to Birmingham and have the time, you really need to walk "The Aston Ring" (about 5.5 miles) and when you get to Salford junction walk a liitle way along the Tame valley canal westwards and the Grand union Eastwards

Reply to
Stuart

You knew him when you were designing thankless water heaters, too?

LOL

----------- "Swingman" wrote in message news:1493406273350291220.482970kac-nospam.com@216.196.97.131... Yep, ol' Fletch even managed to get his own button on almost every consumer amplifier.

Reply to
Josepi

I have always used "zip" cord (never heard that term before) 'cause it's the cheapest conductor for the buck. The impedance is known and constant unlike single conductors that vary with their placement and cost monster dollars. Mind you the gauge has to be heavy for low connection impedance.

When dealing with an 8 Ohm impedance speaker system (3.2 Ohms resistance) a few milliohms is not a factor in the sound quality of the audio. This has been proven in lab tests I have seen reports from over the last many decades.

Next will be the gold plated 1m HDMI cables for $100...LOL The scam artists always take advantage of the uneducated by mass hype and shills to convince them of the importance of their engineering accidents. It's called good "marketing".

Reply to
Josepi

It's you who has been is totally befuddled by Audiophools' bullshit.

Reply to
krw

On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 22:30:06 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

As usual, you can't offer a substantive reply so instead you latch onto some derogatory insult.

Reply to
Dave

It was _you_ who didn't even recognize that he was arguing with the written Red Book audio CD specifications! LOL

Good luck with those self-delusions, Bubba ...

Reply to
Swingman