Festool power tools.

Page 9 of 12

"Max" wrote "Larry Jaques" wrote

Let me try that again. http://tinyurl.com/7hkmbfg
I Hope that works
Max

Yuppers. Shiny big thing, huh?
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message wrote:

Well, 'twas when it was gnu.
Max

Ditto here when I'm using powah tools in the shop. Respirator, too. And glasses, pushsticks, featherboards, and holddown guides where applicable.
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

Oops, forgot to say "no pics there" the first time. I get a "browser not fully supported" for Mozilla 10, but it shows other pics, so please doublecheck your gallery.
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

Probably sympathetic sound. That's about the limit of my sound knowledge you sound experts, so don't shoot me down too much.
On 2/3/2012 7:37 AM, Dave wrote:

Not in a human-audible region frequency region, no...

I call bologny.
There is no measurable electrical difference (unless the cables are designed to alter the sound via added passive (RC) circuitry, in which case you're hearing sound that has been degraded by the cables which confirmation bias makes you think "sounds better").
scott
On 2/3/2012 10:16 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

In order to say that you must make a distinction in cable composition, cable thickness, length of run, and possible need for shielding, otherwise you are indeed spouting "bologny" (sic).
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
"Dave" wrote in message

Actually, there is a measurable sound difference when you use the better cable. ====================================================Bull.

LOL!!
Had to go to google to see this. Something wrong on usenet.

HDMI cables, the likes of the ones BestBuy sells, make me laugh every time I see them. $50 for a $3 cable? I think not! I wouldn't be surprised if they made nothing on the electronics, counting on the gravy from cables (and, of course, $5 warranties on $10 purchases).
tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> writes:

12-2 NM or AWG 12 zipcord at Home Depot. Copper is pricy now, but nothing fancier is required for speakers.
scott
tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Friend of mine was an amateur blacksmith. The guy next to him at a craft fair was selling home made pottery and wasn't doing very well. On the final day of the fair he doubled his prices and sold the lot!
People believe that if something is more expensive it has to be better.
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
On 2/3/2012 2:42 PM, Stuart wrote:

And those people are the ones that may have been looking for a long time and it would cost more in time and money to continue to search for a better price. But just because it is higher priced does not mean it is not worth every penny that you pay for it.
If an item is expensive and sells well enough that it continues to sell at an expensive price then it is not over priced. Obviously people see the value in the product that may be beyond what your particular needs are.
So for you maybe Festool is too expensive you don't require the better of the products offered. For me I produce more and at a faster pace and make more money using the Festool products.
And if you think it is a situation where some one buys a Festool tool, has buyers remorse, and will say that it was not worth the price then certainly they should be returning the product during the 30 day trial period. And because these tool are expensive it is rare that anyone buys a whole pile of Festool at one time like the so many cordless tool kits that are offered by Ryobi, Craftsman, DeWalt, Skil, etc. So if they were did not see the value in the product they probably would not be buying additional Festool pieces. It is not uncommon at all for a Festool owner to have several pieces over a few years. I personally have 6 different Festool power tools that I have bought over the past 4~5 years and it took me that long to collect them and I have bought no other brand if Festool offered the same product. Not saying I would not but in every case the value was there for me. Top that off that I will be the first to say that I do not believe in brand loyalty but with Festool all of their power tools seem to be of equal quality and versatility which is very rare. Most all tool manufacturers have a darn good bread and butter product that brings in the sales and then most the rest of their product line may be run of the mill.
On 02 Feb 2012 18:00:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)

Admittedly, there's varying degrees of betterness when it comes to certain Festool products. But then, I do own a DeWalt 18v drill and don't yet own any Festool drills. For all I know, Festool is markedly better, but I'll leave that to someone else to expound.
On 2/2/2012 7:39 PM, Dave wrote:

My original real cordless drill was a Panasonic, then a DeWalt followed by another DeWalt and than I turned to a Makita.
Of those listed the Panasonic was a hands down winner, the electronics and brake were far superior to any of others. The Panasonic would actually apply the brake to the chuck when slowing down quickly, you could here it engage just like you had let go of the trigger however it would continue to spin at the lower speed. Basically the chuck did not coast down to speed it instantly went to that speed. My batteries for the 12 volt Makita had been replaced once and it was time to get rebuild them again. It is 7 years old. Other than that I was happy with it and the same age Makita impact driver.
For Christmas my wife bought me the T15-3 Festool drill. I have been interested in that series since they had been introduced a few years ago. The T15-3 Festool by far is the best quality, strongest, and most versatile drill of all that I have owned. Its electronics and brake are similar if not better than the one on the Panasonic. The clutch is far superior with it being electronic vs. the slipping clutch. When the desired clutch settin is reached the drill stops until you release and pull the trigger again. The brushless motor design seems to perform above average as advertised. I have yet to use my impact driver since Christmas. In the past I have always drilled pocket holes with a corded drill for speed. The Festool drill does this with greater ease and with no bogging down even in oak I have used the eccentric attachment 1 time and the right angle attachment at least 4 times in the last month. The drill comes with 2, 3amp Lithium Ion batteries. They stay in a relatively warm garage so I have not had any issues with them yet. So I really really like the drill.

Nice wife. Does she have an unmarried twin sister?

Well it's true about what I said to another person who thinks that Festool is some type of gimmick. I'm afraid I'll like a Festool drill so much that I'll be forced to buy it. That's why I haven't actually gone to look at any. If I did, my three other drills would get lonely. Right now, I refuse to diss my current trusted companion drills.
On 2/3/2012 7:44 AM, Dave wrote:

Not that I know of. LOL

Well here I am with a 12 volt Makita, a 12v Makita impact driver, a 18v Bosch impact driver that I apparently won but it is still a secret who the contest or drawing was with, and my new Festool. I absolutely forgot to mention the Bosch in my list, I absolutely don't often use it. The Bosch is probably 4 years old and I have not recharged the batteries more than 1 or 2 times. So I guess I would place the Bosch impact drive behind the 7 year old 12v Makita impact. Might be a feel or balance thing. I do know that Bosch has changed the design several times since I was awarded mine. The Makita seems to have remained the same basic design for the last 7 years.
Why did my wife buy me a Festool drill? She said she was going to buy me a very nice tool when I told her that I did not want any thing in particular. I wanted to be sure I was going to like/want that very nice tool that she chose so I gave her a hint and she said that I read her mind.... ;~)
I did not want her her spending $500 on something I was not going to use, after all, fifty bucks is fifty bucks! Right Swingman? LOL
On 2/3/2012 8:49 AM, Leon wrote:

Two times!
--
www.eWoodShop.com