Festool power tools.

Page 5 of 12

Certainly has you confused.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

It's you who has been is totally befuddled by Audiophools' bullshit.
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 22:30:06 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

As usual, you can't offer a substantive reply so instead you latch onto some derogatory insult.
On 2/7/2012 9:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

It was _you_ who didn't even recognize that he was arguing with the written Red Book audio CD specifications! LOL
Good luck with those self-delusions, Bubba ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
-------------- "Swingman" wrote in message wrote:

It was _you_ who didn't even recognize that he was arguing with the written Red Book audio CD specifications! LOL
Good luck with those self-delusions, Bubba ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

You don't read well. The issue isn't the technical specs, rather your insistence that humans can "sense" above their ability to hear. "Color", and all that audiophool bullshit.

You're the one who has deluded himself.
On 2/8/2012 7:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

All your yammering will never cover up the reality that you were actively arguing with the _actual wording_ of the Red Book audio CD spec's.
You stepped on your dick with that one, Dude. the Internet will remember forever, so you might want to let it die.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

You're a liar.

No, you can't read.

Do not think he could do that, actually he seems to be compensating for something.

Or just being a troll. C'mon, guys. You're smarter than this.
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, that fact that it fell off and he stepped on it.

Haven't been following this thread for a few days... Power tool accident???

Ok after RTFLMAO I will get up and wipe the coffee off of my screen!

Many years ago, Stereo magazine did blind testing between various brands of speaker wire and lamp cord. They used high end equipment and changed wires for the listener. No one could tell the difference.

Dave, True for frequencies much, much higher than audio. Kerry
On 2/3/2012 11:42 AM, Kerry Montgomery wrote:

As noted previously, frequencies "much higher than audio" (which should be more accurately stated as frequencies above the audible range of the average human ear) can indeed color/effect the sound within the audible range of human hearing.
These "partials" (overtones, or harmonics, whatever you wish to call them) are well known examples of this phenomenon of human hearing.
If these higher frequencies are not passed through any link of the audio chain (including the cable), the lack thereof will most definitely degrade what it was _intended to be reproduced_ for your hearing enjoyment.
One of the main reason why music recorded to analog tape and reproduced by vinyl records sounds "better" to most listeners ... mostly noticed by an increase in the qualities of depth, clarity and definition in a side by side comparison ... than digitally recorded/reproduced audio.
These qualities are most definitely not as subjective as they seem to an untrained ear.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

They are very real. I used to notice them. <sigh>

I prefer CDs today due to the absense of clicks, pops, and scratches I used to hear, even on nearly new vinyl records.

Or to older, battered ears, especially after the Acid Rock years. I've given up my audiophile ways for
lj--Ask me about my Tinnitus!
Oh, THIS JUST I: Pass it on to Lew's 1-year anniversary "And The Creek Keeps Ris'n" thread, will ya?
--snip-- On a bitterly cold winter's morning a husband and wife in Minnesota were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the Snowploughs can get through." So the wife went out and moved her car.
A week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the odd-numbered side of the street, so the snowploughs can get through."
The wife went out and moved her car again.
The next week they are again having breakfast, when the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park...." Then the electric power went out.
The wife was very upset, and with a worried look on her face she said, "I don't know what to do". "Which side of the street do I need to park on so the snowploughs can get through?"
Then with the love and understanding in his voice that all men who are married to blondes exhibit, the husband replied,
"Why don't you just leave the car in the garage this time." --snip--
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson

They actually prefer the phase shifts and other effects introduced by the RIAA equalisers?
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
On 2/3/2012 3:46 PM, Stuart wrote:

Nope ... what they prefer is the almost 50Khz frequency response of a well set up, professional analog tape deck.
There are NO RIAA equalizers in the process!
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

30ips produces a "useable" response to about 30kHz

Correct but you said "reproduced by /vinyl records/....."
The equalisation curve used for 30ips tape is IEC. At lower speeds there is a plethora of standards including NAB.
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails