Festool power tools.

Swingman admits defeat by the insults technique, once again.

It was _you_ who didn't even recognize that he was arguing with the written Red Book audio CD specifications! LOL

Good luck with those self-delusions, Bubba ...

Reply to
m II

You don't read well. The issue isn't the technical specs, rather your insistence that humans can "sense" above their ability to hear. "Color", and all that audiophool bullshit.

You're the one who has deluded himself.

Reply to
krw

All your yammering will never cover up the reality that you were actively arguing with the _actual wording_ of the Red Book audio CD spec's.

You stepped on your dick with that one, Dude. the Internet will remember forever, so you might want to let it die.

Reply to
Swingman

Good grief, you're the one who threw around Nyquist, without even understanding what you were saying. ...and now you're complaining about me bringing up math? Without understanding the transform from the time domain to the frequency domain (Fourier), there isn't much point in discussing your audiophoolery. You're not making *any* sense.

Dumbass. How's that?

Reply to
krw

Ok, as long as the "Red Book" means *perfectly* reproducing... The fact remains.

You're a liar.

No, I'm saying that you can't read. I'm saying that the frequencies above the "audio range" (20kHz is the nominal value usually taken) don't matter. There is no "coloring" caused by what you can't hear. *THAT* is audiophoolery. There is no issue with Nyquist (other than sampling above 40kHz is unnecessary, if one could make a perfect filter - the reason for 44.1kHz (room for a filter), and indeed the reason for "oversampling" (cheaper filters).

Again, you can't read what's right in front of you.

Reply to
krw

You're a liar.

No, you can't read.

Reply to
krw

Dont let'em wind you up with his innocent, you're the villain passive aggressive nonsense.

------------

Reply to
m II

You listen to a sultry flute solo from whatever sound source you please. *I* will inject 120dB worth of 30KHz sinewave in to the signal path. 120dB too much? How about 110 dB? Aiming to please here. If you can't hear that, then you don't need to know anything about psychoacoustics because you're deaf.

Reply to
Robatoy

Do not think he could do that, actually he seems to be compensating for something.

Reply to
Markem

Or just being a troll. C'mon, guys. You're smarter than this.

-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 06:19:19 -0600, Markem

Yeah, that fact that it fell off and he stepped on it.

Reply to
Dave

Haven't been following this thread for a few days... Power tool accident???

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Ok after RTFLMAO I will get up and wipe the coffee off of my screen!

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, I get like that after half a mile or so! No, just kidding, but I do find that walking for anything over two miles does something to me where I need to lie down and have a good stretch. Weird.

I knew that Birmingham had an extensive network, but not that much. I don't really know much about canals at all really, just the engineering and what-not. Thanks for the website address, I'll have a look at that. I am still impressed that the Bridgewater canal has no locks! (well, you know, other than connections - the canal itself is level)

Reply to
David Paste

dB measurements are relative measurements. When you use them you are required to state a reference level for them to not be meaningless. I would have to guess you mean dBA and not dBm or dBW.

.

I find it hard to believe you just want to constantly inject nonsense (disruptive/trolling) but rather want to argue in an attempt to use the opportunity to display intelligence and gain acceptance here. This behaviour is developing a pattern and the former is becoming more evident.

BTW: the prefix for "kilo" is denoted with the usage of a lowercase "k" on English keyboards. You may want to use the correct form "kHz" in future ranting

------------------ > I'm saying that the frequencies above the

Reply to
Josepi

I just received this message from Woodcraft. The last line ought to be of interest to you Festool fans! It says "major" price increase, almost like it's an "event"! ;)

Concerning SawStop, it says, "A great promotion to save you money". -- If anybody hears the details on SS though, please share. It's strange they didn't mention them in their email. Though I'm still not sure how much I can afford to save. : )

Read each of the 6 lines separately. It's clear that they mean well!

Dear Friends:

Its not often we get opportunities like these that come along!

If you have been thinking about buying a SawStop table saw, or some more Festool products,

NOW IS THE TIME!!

A great promotion to save you money has just begun for SawStop Professional Saws*

Not only that, Festool just announced a major price increase effective at the end of February.

Reply to
Bill

Now that is funny. I think the great promotion is that they are going to sell a bunch at regular price now to save you money later.

Time for me to buy sand paper though.

Reply to
Leon

Just bought a hundred bucks worth last week and going back to get some more.

Reply to
Swingman

Yup. That's what you get when you try to recycle all those telephone poles and railroad ties, using, of course, your Festool plunge saw.

-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

on Friday at Event city. I note that the Bridgewater canal is immediately behind the venue and about 5mins walk from the Barton swing aqueduct. Do you know if it is possible to access the towpath from Event city?

I want to take a look at the aqueduct.

For those of you across the pond who don't know what I'm talking about

Stuart