Festool power tools.

Page 11 of 12
On 2/3/2012 9:34 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

My tools have been wet from rain and not that I make that a habit but this experiment was with the drill totally submerged in water and immediately operated.
Try that with your drill and let us know if the drill still works.
"Leon" wrote in message wrote:

My tools have been wet from rain and not that I make that a habit but this experiment was with the drill totally submerged in water and immediately operated.
Try that with your drill and let us know if the drill still works. ===========================================================Done it with a Black & Decker. No problem. When my kid raced electric RC off road cars, it was standard practice to drop the motor into a bucket of water and run it submerged for a minute to seat the brushes.
On 2/3/2012 2:22 PM, CW wrote:

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Suggest it's grounded and he's not touching the drill when it starts up
On 2/3/2012 6:44 PM, Dave wrote:

Naaaaw!
If it will make you feel better, they are expensive in US dollars also.
They are also very nice tools.
On 2/1/2012 3:46 PM, David Paste wrote:

Very nice tools. However you pay for not only for the quality but also the reality of doing business in Europe.
In article

I too have seen then in my local Axminster (Nuneaton), the prices make me fall about laughing.
They're made for bankers.
Who else could possibly have the money to spend so much on a tool to do the same job I can do with my Trend and DeWalt tools

Your paying for the name.
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
On 2/3/2012 4:34 AM, Stuart wrote:

Sure ... like a Bugatti or Saleen, there is no added value with Festool, it's all in the name, eh?
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 2/3/2012 8:48 AM, Swingman wrote:

Why would one buy a DeWalt over a Kawasaki or Wagner, or Harbor Freight cordless drill to do the same job?

The lights, man, the lights! One of the new DeWalt impact drives had 3, 3! LEDs. That's reason enough to buy the whole line, man!
:-)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 2/3/2012 11:41 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

Now I am going to have to clean my screen!

Is that what those lights are on my impact driver? *Real* LED's? Damn, now I *will* have to go out and buy the whole line.
I'm kind of short on cash right now, so I guess I'll have to sell my Domino and HL850. Just gotta have those LED DeWalts.
On 2/3/2012 11:41 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

What!?? No built-in laser on them there drills??
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yabbut, that Fester-Gaudy Green flashes itself at the project as brightly as any LEDs ever could.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson
On 2/3/2012 8:48 AM, Swingman wrote:

pretty much. like pioneer or sony can be added to the list.
--
Steve Barker
On 2/3/2012 9:25 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

A man who has never driven a Bugatti, or owned a Festool, is a man who unarguably has no frame of reference whatsoever to make a distinction.
... particularly obvious when he mentions Pioneer or Sony in the same breath. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I has become patently obvious that, with a couple of exceptions, nobody here has a clue about psychoacoustics.
Robatoy wrote:

You expected a lot more here in rec.woodworking? If you wish to discuss the acoustic properties of various types of woods, I'll be interested.
On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 17:06:01 -0500, Robatoy

Psycho Acoustics? Is that must be the noise that mII or Twayne makes here once in awhile?