Festool Kpax Sliding Compound Miter Saw

I got my 2008 Festool catalog in today. New to come in 2008 is the new sliding compound miter saw. Pretty cool and lots'a nice feature I have not seen on other saws. Pricing is pretty steep but hundreds less that someone's estimated $1600. Catalog price is $1300.
This saw gives you a great blade to begin with, twin user adjustable lasers, very efficient 91% dust control compared to the competition, dual bevel, tilts right and left and the bevel is zeroed in by a crank knob. Cuts up to 4 3/4" thick material with a 250 mm/ 10" blade, weighs less than 50 lbs, variable speed. Includes an angle transfer device to eliminate measuring angles. Easy and fast blade change.
I wonder if it comes with a Systainer? '~)

I'm interested to see how stiff the sliding mechanism is - how much lateral movement there is (or can be). It's definitely pricey, but that's Festool. Once you're up into the $1500 range though, you might could be looking at a used CTD, Omga, or Pistorius type saw.
JP

I'm interested to see how stiff the sliding mechanism is - how much lateral movement there is (or can be). It's definitely pricey, but that's Festool. Once you're up into the $1500 range though, you might could be looking at a used CTD, Omga, or Pistorius type saw.
The saw motor/blade assembly slides between 2 steel bars that appear to be around 1.25" in diameter. One comment by a tester indicated that there was no deflection.

Doubt it comes with a Systainer, but I notice that they thought to design it so that small Systainers can be used as extension tables. Simple idea, but Festool seems to be open to lots of those simple, good ideas.
PDX David

I'll let you know when I get mine.
Leon wrote:

What a coincidence! The last time I was on K-pax I saw a saw just like that.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA