Festool Granat Sand Paper

As I have mentioned in the past the Festool Granat sand paper is pretty amazing.

The link below shows me sanding a corner joint with a moderate amount of glue squeeze out. The piece of paper in the video was used on the previous TV project to remove a layer of stain and varnish from the cabinet top. It also did a lot of joint sanding with glue squeeze out also.

In this project this same piece of 120 grit paper has so far sanded 32 glue joints with moderate glue squeeze out.

Note I am using the Rotex sander in the aggressive mode. In normal ROS mode it takes approximately 3 times longer to remove the glue or about

10~15 seconds per joint. Still not a big deal time wise and as you will see the paper has not yet begun to load up with dried stain, dried varnish, or dried glue.

Leon

Just another note here. I believe it to be imperative that the sander be hooked up to a shop vac of some sort. You want the melted glue to be removed as it is cut. I was using TBIII and I also followed up with the same paper for a few seconds in normal ROS mode to remove visible scratches from the aggressive mode.

Reply to
Leon