Fess Up - Shellac Does Not Work As Long Term Rust Preventer

Page 2 of 2
Fred the Red Shirt asks:

AFAIK, shellac is OK on iron, but tin cans are usually lined with tin (or whatever these days)...most items will eventully draw water to them after opening, thus creating at least a potential for rust. The lining, I'm told, is to prevent rust from that source. There are vegetables that do create such a problem, and most of those cans today have some kind of white lining, a plastic I think.
Charlie Self "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy." Edgar Bergen, (Charlie McCarthy)
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:50:23 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

Which makes them just dandy to hold small quantities of the finish of your choice whilst applying same.
-
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:39:46 -0500, Australopithecus scobis

Mac