Fencing Materials

John wrote the following:

If vinyl gets moldy, so will any other material that's in the shade. I've had to pressure wash mold off a cedar fence that was under shade trees. White fencing doesn't fade. Plastic fencing won't rot.

Reply to
willshak

Here we see more and more privacy fences built with the galvanized posts. For what it's worth, price wise it's an upgrade here. Here's a link to the connectors for the stringers.

O.

Reply to
Mike O.

BTDT. Go with that. Cedar posts ROT easily when in contact with damp/wet soil.

About 1/10th the life of the fence

Reply to
Rudy