Fence for TS3650 not smooth

I just purchased a TS3650 table saw from HD. Assembly went well but the problem i am having is with the fence. It does not seem to move easily across the rails. It doesn't seem to bind at all, it just take a bit of effort to move. The micro adjustment is useless. Big difference compared to the saw at HD. I have adjusted the fence and rails as described in the manual, no shims were required on the rails and height adjustment is good on the fence. There is plenty of clearance between the back rail and locking mechanism of the fence. Has anyone seen this problem or know what might be going on?
Thanks Mike

Have you waxed the top and any contact points?
Dusty wrote:

Sounds like a cleaning of the running area and the stop surface are in order. Is all the protective coating from storage removed? Be sure there are no filings or other dirt/buildup in the runner areas. Waxing the surface might help too; you gotta do it, anyway.
Pop`
I picked up the Rigid 2 months back. When I went to HD, the first set of rails I looked at (and quickly put back) had been seriously bent. Check to see if they're true. Next I would check to see if both rails are aligned. I leveled the saw top and then the rails left to right then fron to back before tightening everything down. Then just check that you can slide 8 pages of the manual between the table underneath the fence. should be good to go!

Well, I recheck that all the packaging was remove (none to remove). Then, I checked the adjustment, I was able to slide the paper under the fence as the manual states. So I proceeded to clean and wax the rails and top. That helped more than I thought it would. So I tried to to run it back and forth several times. The more I slide it across the saw the easier it moved. Now I am thinking that it just needs a little "break in time". The rails appeared straight, but I will but a straight edge across them to doulbe check and I will check that they are parallel to each other.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Mike
Tall Oak wrote:

Did you leave a gap between the fence and table?
Dusty wrote:

Mine was binding, but mostly it was the wood binding when I was cutting against the fence. Problem was that I did not have my saw table and the aux table level (running a Biesmeyer fence with 41" on the right side) Leveled saw and table and all worked MUCH better.