Fellow Packrats, Forgive Me For I Have Sinned

Page 2 of 2

Mark
What have you be doing down my shop? :) By the way, what size are those tennis shoes? :) The cutoff's and wood scaps at least go into the woodstove here, but all those metal and plastic things just keep piling up! The garage holds my metal working, welding and blacksmithing stuff plus the tractor. It too would be almost workable if I could just get rid of my son's lime green electic Bradley (car).
Jerry

That's one solution to the age old Have to move EVERYTHING in order to move ANYTHING so that I can make SOMETHING that'll hold the stuff I had to move to make it Syndrome
I foolishly thought that if I made cabinets, with shelves and drawers and cubbyholes for things, and a rack for all those damned clamps one MUST have, and a rack and set of bins for sheet goods, shelves for wood etc.. I'd break The Cycle and liberate my shops working space.
Alas, all those effort failed.
Only after consderable investigation did I discover the source of the problem - the conservation of matter - between alternate universes.
I began counting and weighing my socks as they went into the wash and again when emptying the dryer. The fact that what went in was greater than what came out, over a six month period of my study was no surprise - washing machines and dryers consume socks in order to continue working.
But then I started weighing the stuff that would mysteriously appear in my shop. After a 5 year exhaustive study, I've found that my shop is a portal between alternate universes and that whatever leaves here and goes there is matched by an equivalent mass from there to here.
Anyone want to buy or rent a Portal Between Universes?
charlie b
I'll tell what's even worse, Come home to a garage full of treasures that have been floating in 24" of semi-brackish water after a hurricane. Sheer bliss and great motivation for throwing out those things that seldom got used. Trouble is, there is virtually nothing left now, :<