Felling and Machining Your Own Wood

Page 2 of 2
Greg G responds:

Somehow, I doubt the cow will be any happier knowing it will be used in its entirety.
Charlie Self
I'd be careful about doing OSB to a chimney I loved.
<Greg G.> wrote in message

There is a heap of info aroudn on chainsaw mills (http://www.granberg.com /, http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/tresl39.html ). You need a mondo big saaw for it to work, and these don't come cheap. a bandsaw mill has less waste and cuts faster, but costs more. There are some homemandeones around if you google for them - know any good engineers of fabrication shops? The other alternaive i have done in the past is to get a protable mill onto site, or take the logs to a sawmill. Milling your timber can save a lot of money, in exchange for hard work G