Fein Vacuums: Adapting to 2.5" Hoses?

Page 2 of 2

The Fein hose isn't anti-static at all (hopefully Woodcraft updated their website... it was months ago I told them that.) If static is a consideration, you'll need to run a wire next to the hose and ground it somewhere.
Puckdropper

✖
On Sep 28, 8:09 pm, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ajntsa.jpg
Add pictures here
✖
wrote in message

Even if they were slightly better, they are _significantly_ more expensive. The CT22 has 2/3rds the dust collection capacity of the Turbo II, and is about a third again the price of the Fein. I'm going to have a little explaining to do to justify the expense of the Fein as it is.
Doug White
Add pictures here
✖

There's often a package sale price from Festool when you buy two of their power tools. And, I was purchasing a Festool DF 500 Q Domino which a relatively unique tool. So, it made sense to also purchase one of their vacuums which is designed to work well with all of their power tools. The only explaining I'm going to have to do will be to my cat when she realizes I can't afford to buy kibble for her anymore. :)
One other note: Festool is noted for having outstanding customer service. Additionally, Festool has setup the Festool Owners Group which I consider to be more active, but essentially the functional equivalent to rec.woodworking minus most of the off topic subjects. Answers to problems and technical questions are usually answered the same day by Festool employees or moderators.
If it's not obvious by now, then yes, I am quite enamoured with Festool. Somewhere along the line, I sort of hope that they disappoint me in some way, otherwise I'm going to be forced very quickly into bankruptsy. :)
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/27/2010 7:13 PM, Doug White wrote:

Doug:
I *think* the hose size is actually 2.25". I've got the Turbo III (when it was about 2/3 current price). I bought all sorts of attachments at Home Depot including 1.25 to 2.25 adapters. Seems the Ridgid vacuum tools fit the Fein well. Good luck.
~Mark.
Add pictures here
✖

The ends on 2-1/2" vacuum hose measure 2-1/4"OD.
Add pictures here
✖

A fellow I talk to on line has 2 Turbo III's and uses them to vacuum form plastic. Those are some serious suckers. Noticeably more powerful than the Turbo II or the CT 22 Festool.... but quite a bit more money too. They make an all metal version of that too...*drool* stainless no less.... The drawback of the TurboIII is total wattage when you plug in a Festool Rotex. 15 am breakers will pop due to the higher power demand from the vac. It is also a lot bigger so less desirable for use on- site in domestic installation.
Add pictures here
✖

Well, I am now the proud owner of a Fein Turbo II vacuum. It IS very quiet. I still need to deal with logistical issues of where to put the 16 foot hose, the best way to switch it on & off, etc. The location & operation of the power switch isn't ideal, but I think they expect you to run it with the auto-switch. I'll probabnly get a footpedal, so it won't be an issue for long. My existing 2.5" ShopVac hose does fit in the front intake hole, but it's a bit snug. I suspect it may be leaking slightly, but it's certainly very functional.
I installed the cartridge filter & bag setup. The only hiccup is that the locking knob took more force than I expected to install in the filter end cap. I called Fein & they said to push a little harder, and it popped in OK without busting anything.
Time to get back to making stuff!
Thanks for all the helpful input.
Doug White
Add pictures here
✖

I bought a drywall hand sanding pad that had a place to hook a hose to it. It had enough adapters to hook almost anything up to anything else. Check out one of those things.
--
Jim in NC

Add pictures here
✖