Fein Sander/Vacuum combo

Anybody have one these tools? It looks like it would be a pretty neat addtion to the shop.
Any comments about them?
Thanks.
John Emmons
try www.woodshopdemos.com
a lot of fein reviews there.
the only thing I know about them is that they're really expensive but are supposed to work extremely well. hard to see how they are really worth what they cost, but those who pay seem to like them.
--
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
That's ok. The opinion still stands with either.

I did about 2,000sf of tg wood using the 8" sander and the TurboVACIII.
Right, it was expensive, but the tools worked great and the dust removal was fantastic. While it would have been cheaper to rent a walk behind, etc., I now own the tools.
snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net says...

First you have to convince yourself that a DC will not fit in you shop. Fein Vacs cost a fortune. The sander is one of the best available, although a cheaper brand name might do much the same for a hobbyist. The Collector does well, and the tool trigger is a nice option. I used to use one When I was a sander for a SS countertop maker. The Vac was great when we wanted to actually drag the tangled mess of wires and hose around (ok we were lazy!). The sanders (6 and 8") were dropped, thrown, beat up, exposed to fine dust, abused, and used for hours on end. They were still working when I left. I have seen better Velcro Pads but then again we did some pretty abusive stuff with the pads too.
--
Young Carpenter

"Save a Tree, Build Furniture"