Fein Sander Repair

I have used my Fein almost weekly for eight years. It is now acting erratically. Anyone had experience with repairs on a Fein. I sent an email to Fein customer service and never got a reply. Great machine but lousy customer service.
Joe Bleau wrote:
> I have used my Fein almost weekly for eight years. It is now acting > erratically. Anyone had experience with repairs on a Fein. I sent an > email to Fein customer service and never got a reply. Great machine > but lousy customer service.
THREE QUESTIONS;
1) Have you checked the brushes?
2) Are you sure you contacted Fein/USA in Pittsburgh?
You are obviously out of warranty.
3) Why not check for a local authorized service center?
Lew
On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 01:07:12 -0500, Joe Bleau wrote:

Generally speaking, outside the computer industry "sending an email" is not generally the most effective way to get a response from a business. Did you use the form on their web site? Did you try a second time? Did you try the 800 number? Did you try the nearest repair center?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Joe Bleau wrote:

I will vouch for Fein in Canada. Those people are great. E-mails are often followed up by a phone-call.
Lew's suggestion to check the brushes is a good one.
Weekly for 8 years.... that's not too shabby if all you need is brushes.