Favorite veneer and inlay books?

I'm looking to broaden the range of critical mistakes I can make on a project, so I've got a couple of pieces in mind that will involve veneering or inlay, two skills I've never attempted.

Has anyone got favorite books that they'd recommend to a veneering and inlay beginner? For one, I'm leaning toward one of Doug Stowe's books on boxmaking and inlay.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

Zachary Taylor, "Marquetry & Inlay Handbook" This book will not tell you everything you need to know, but it will get you started. You'll learn enough to make sense of other, deeper books.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Thanks. That title had turned up when I was looking at what B&N had available. That'll probably be one of the ones I get.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Google on "Paul Schurch"...