Fastening a drawer front

I need to mount two drawer fronts and there's gotta be a simple, accurate way to do this. I've already mounted the drawer box on full extension glides. The front is to be flush with the frame. My best guess is to temporarily affix the front to the drawer using a screw through the hole for the pull, then carefully open the drawer far enough to securely clamp the front to the drawer.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

The slides should have some slot play in their screw (to the drawer) positions, also, for some micro adjusting, there.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Double sided tape, line it up, then pull open, clamp if necessary and screw it.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I need to mount two drawer fronts and there's gotta be a simple, accurate way to do this. I've already mounted the drawer box on full extension glides. The front is to be flush with the frame. My best guess is to temporarily affix the front to the drawer using a screw through the hole for the pull, then carefully open the drawer far enough to securely clamp the front to the drawer.

Double sided tape.

Reply to
CW

As my daughter would say, "Duh." Sometimes we look so far for a solution that we fail to see the simple fix right before our eyes.

Reply to
Gramp's shop

The most common method I use is to put the 4 screws that will hold the front to the drawer in place in the drawer with a bit more than their points sticking out of the front side of the drawer. Align the front an press it into the points of the screws. Open the drawer and realign the front to the indentations and screw in the screws.

Reply to
Leon

Yes tape. Also equal sized shims of thin wood or cardboard to get even spacing at all sides.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e8g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

Or the LeeValley shims

Reply to
Han

Oval holes in the front of the drawer box and screws with washers or oversized heads that cover the oval. Tighten enough to stay in place then close the drawer, adjust the front, open again, and sock them down.

Reply to
J. Clarke

snipped-for-privacy@e8g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

Damn, people will make a productized version of anything. I think I'll make a cloth cuff you wear on the wrist when you have gloves on for finishing and a short sleeve shirt but need to wipe your nose.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I use 1" round washer head screws. Because the screw head is large due to the washer head, you can drill an oversized hole in the drawer. Shim the drawer front the best you can and then drive the 4 washer head screws into the drawer face. Pull the shims. If it isn't just what you want, loosen the washer head screws and make small adjustments in the drawer front. You can see some examples here:

screws come in different colors if that makes a difference to you.

Reply to
Dick Snyder