fasten alderwood ledge top without screws ?

I am replacing my molding/window casings, etc with alderwood moldings. I have two "ledge tops " (one 1/2 wall at the doorway and one 3ft pass-through to the kitchen). What is the best way to fasten/secure these two inch thick alderwood shelf tops top the top of the surfaces without using any type of screws/fasteners ? Would regular liquid nails do the trick ? Base of each is regular lumber/drywall wall construction

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
TimR

I think it would hold fine. You might need to figure out a way to hold the pieces level while the adhesives sets.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

I'd open up the drywall and screw them in place from the under side.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys