fasten alderwood ledge top without screws ?

I am replacing my molding/window casings, etc with alderwood moldings. I have two "ledge tops " (one 1/2 wall at the doorway and one 3ft pass-through to the kitchen). What is the best way to fasten/secure these two inch thick alderwood shelf tops top the top of the surfaces without using any type of screws/fasteners ? Would regular liquid nails do the trick ? Base of each is regular lumber/drywall wall construction
Thanks, Tim

I think it would hold fine. You might need to figure out a way to hold the pieces level while the adhesives sets.
Mike O.
TimR wrote:

I'd open up the drywall and screw them in place from the under side.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA