FAO: Kruppt

Thanks for replying to my post on dying pine. Do I have to use an orbital sander or will a vibrating one or doing it by "hand" suffice?
For VERY dark colors using dye first is suggested and spraying the dye gets around pines tendency to splotch. www.homesteadfinishing.com designed TransTint dyes that can be mixed with a number of liquids as dye and also mixed with finishes as toners. Look for an article describing how to.
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:45:22 +0100, "Ricardo"

I use a orbital sander,(PC) makes light work of the sanding process. I guess you could do it by hand, but the thought of doing it in this manner has made me tired just thinking about it. It takes a LOT of sanding to prepare the pine, so that the surface is very smooth, and will take the stain evenly. An orbital sander makes quick, and fairly easy work of it.
I can not comment on the use of the vibrating sander as I have never used one. I imagine with proper use it would work, but can't say for sure.
Kruppt
Thanks Guys