Fantastic Deal on PC Compressor Combo

Just wanted to let the group know that you can get the Porter-Cable CFBN200A 2" 18 Gauge Brad Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack right now on Amazon.com for $119.94. It is listed at $219.94, but if you put in the coupon code SAVON500, it will apply a $100 discount. I just ordered one and the total shows $119.94. Hope this makes someone's day!
Thanks, I just purchased one for my son>

Tom H wrote:

I just picked one up too...one less thing I'll be constantly borrowing from the neighbors. Seems like they're $210-$245 everywhere online.
lcottrell wrote:

I wish that Amazon would either ship to Canada or carry tools on their Canadian website. It's starting to annoy me...
Chris
Cool, that's a bug because the SAVON500 code is supposed to apply if you spend over $500....
lcottrell wrote:

You realize, don't you, that the coupon you used is for a $100 discount on purchases of $500 or more? Don't be too disappointed if they catch the mistake. From another thread, sounds like they have stopped this promotion anyway.

I think they stopped the SAVON700 promotion, but not the other one.
brian

I can't wait to see if they actually ship it. Legally, they are not responsible for obvious errors, but that is a questionable business strategy.
Actually my wife found it. She knew I had been looking for a PC combo kit and ran across the code on one of those sites that lists coupon codes for various sites. It looked like it would fit the bill for what I was wanting, and the price was definitely nice so I ordered it. The discount was applied, and I got a confirmation email showing the correct product and the correct price. I think they should have to honor it. I'll post back here and let you know if I receive it or not. It is currently out of stock and the estimated ship date is sometime in March, so we'll see.
lcottrell wrote:

Let us know, but I'm a bit skeptical that they "have" to honor it if the coupon says $100 off $500 and you didn't buy $500 worth. They might go ahead and honor it anyway though.

More likely that they just wont notice it.
Well, I got a confirmation email today that said it has shipped out. I have a UPS tracking number, and the email confirmation once again listed the price as $119.94. Looks like it is good to go.
Locutus wrote:

I checked my credit card today and there was a charge of $219.94 on there. I emailed them to find out what happened, since the receipt I have shows $119.94. I guess worst case I'll return it and get the 3 nailer kit at CoastalTools for not much more.
Ok, sorry for going back and forth on this...
I emailed Amazon this morning about the $219.94 charge, which was the original price of the combo set. They emailed me back and said they researched my order and that the $100 discount was applied to the order and hasn't been charged yet. The $219.94 was for the Forrest DadoKing set I had ordered a couple of days ago, which happened to equal the exact same amount as the combo kit's original price. So I was simply mistaken. Amazon said they assure me that the $100 discount was applied, so it does look like it went through.
It looks like its fixed -- it says the coupon deal has expired or doesn't apply.
I received my combo kit yesterday, and was only charged the $119.94.