Fantastic Deal on PC Compressor Combo

Just wanted to let the group know that you can get the Porter-Cable CFBN200A 2" 18 Gauge Brad Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack right now on Amazon.com for $119.94. It is listed at $219.94, but if you put in the coupon code SAVON500, it will apply a $100 discount. I just ordered one and the total shows $119.94. Hope this makes someone's day!

Reply to
lcottrell

Thanks, I just purchased one for my son>

Reply to
Tom H

I wish that Amazon would either ship to Canada or carry tools on their Canadian website. It's starting to annoy me...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

I just picked one up too...one less thing I'll be constantly borrowing from the neighbors. Seems like they're $210-$245 everywhere online.

Reply to
alcarm1964

Cool, that's a bug because the SAVON500 code is supposed to apply if you spend over $500....

lcottrell wrote:

Reply to
damian penney

You realize, don't you, that the coupon you used is for a $100 discount on purchases of $500 or more? Don't be too disappointed if they catch the mistake. From another thread, sounds like they have stopped this promotion anyway.

Reply to
alexy

Incredible. How on earth did you discover this? I can't wait to see if they actually ship it. Legally, they are not responsible for obvious errors, but that is a questionable business strategy.

Reply to
Toller

Actually my wife found it. She knew I had been looking for a PC combo kit and ran across the code on one of those sites that lists coupon codes for various sites. It looked like it would fit the bill for what I was wanting, and the price was definitely nice so I ordered it. The discount was applied, and I got a confirmation email showing the correct product and the correct price. I think they should have to honor it. I'll post back here and let you know if I receive it or not. It is currently out of stock and the estimated ship date is sometime in March, so we'll see.

Reply to
lcottrell

I think they stopped the SAVON700 promotion, but not the other one.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

Let us know, but I'm a bit skeptical that they "have" to honor it if the coupon says $100 off $500 and you didn't buy $500 worth. They might go ahead and honor it anyway though.

Reply to
bf

More likely that they just wont notice it.

Reply to
Locutus

Well, I got a confirmation email today that said it has shipped out. I have a UPS tracking number, and the email confirmation once again listed the price as $119.94. Looks like it is good to go.

Locutus wrote:

Reply to
lcottrell

I checked my credit card today and there was a charge of $219.94 on there. I emailed them to find out what happened, since the receipt I have shows $119.94. I guess worst case I'll return it and get the 3 nailer kit at CoastalTools for not much more.

Reply to
lcottrell

Ok, sorry for going back and forth on this...

I emailed Amazon this morning about the $219.94 charge, which was the original price of the combo set. They emailed me back and said they researched my order and that the $100 discount was applied to the order and hasn't been charged yet. The $219.94 was for the Forrest DadoKing set I had ordered a couple of days ago, which happened to equal the exact same amount as the combo kit's original price. So I was simply mistaken. Amazon said they assure me that the $100 discount was applied, so it does look like it went through.

Reply to
lcottrell

It looks like its fixed -- it says the coupon deal has expired or doesn't apply.

Reply to
berger

I received my combo kit yesterday, and was only charged the $119.94.

Reply to
lcottrell