Fans of "How It's Made" TV Show Here?

Page 3 of 3
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Terrific show.
It'd be cool to see printed circuit boards stuffed and wave soldered too.
--Winston
Winston wrote:

Wave solder is pretty much a thing of the past. Pick-n-place, followed by a reflow ovens for surface mount components have pretty much taken over. You can't see the actual reflow process, because you have to be very careful of the oven profile for each type of board made on that oven. BTDT with both the early "Pizza oven" type reflow oven, followed by a new Heller oven.
prove it.

I just watched Ratzenberger's show the other day which showed him trying to stuff circuit boards,then wave soldering circuit boards which go into fire alarm pull boxes. Assembly woman tells John " don't put those little coils in backwards or the board will explode...." :-)
gordo wrote:

Ah yes. those treacherous polarized inductors.
--Winston
-- Never take a laxative and sleeping pill together

the
Those puck marks were a dead giveaway. She forgot to use the AC battery