Fans of "How It's Made" TV Show Here?

Me too, I've got all 8 seasons archived. Great show.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

The original is in English, I've got the entire series, straight from Canada, with the original Canadian voiceover. All English.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Eight seasons?!? I've missed a lot then... Too bad it's not available via Blockbuster or Netflix online rentals...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

i wonder how much discovery sells the seasons videos for?

Reply to
Brent

Plonk

Reply to
Butch Duckhead

Count me as a fan.

**
**

B A R R Y

An excellent show!

My wife likes Mike's pecs.

Ever seen Survivorman? That would really get your SAG dander up! Imagine this... A guy with an idea makes up his own show, writes the music. "performs it", films it, edits it, and doesn't have to pay a bunch of do-nothings to sit around and collect union-scale!

Are you a SAG member or a member of one of the various lame-ass production unions?

I used to love when one of my touring crew members slid a stage monitor 5 feet, and the union house dickheads tried to organize a penalty strike. All because nobody spent 1/2 hour+ trying to find and peel one of them away from the crew buffet or outdoor smoking area long enough to move it for us.

**
**

B A R R Y

I love the show. It's Canadian quirks just make it more amusing. I suppose if I wasn't reasonably knowledgeable about most of what they show then the mistranslation might be more of a problem.

It's great to see some of the amazing ingenuity on the various massive production lines. The occasional surprise too, like that hard candy with the text in it... Expected some big 50' long multi screw extruder, not hand lay-up into a giant log.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in news:tXtli.21$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga:

Here's most of what I have up at the mo'

Or I guess you could follow the link in the sig I forgot about that.

Reply to
D Murphy

Terrific show.

It'd be cool to see printed circuit boards stuffed and wave soldered too.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

will need a bitorrent client like Azureus. Season 7 and 8 online...

Reply to
Geoff

Were you aware that a "Merkin" is a pubic wig as well as a corruption of "American", it came up recently on the BBC program "Balderdash & piffle". I makes your comment quite amusing. See

, google also has pictures of merkins.

Reply to
David Billington
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

So I guess when I shorten my Great American Pubic (Public) to Merkin Pubic, it becomes semi-redundant, eh? I'll have to watch that. Boy, itsa small lexicographical world, idnit?? :)

What was/is the purpose of a pubic wig, fergodsakes??

Every time I think our culture is guilty of unwarranted and unprecedented stupidity, I find out I'm wrong. :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Thu, Jul 12, 2007, 11:54am entropic3.14decay@optonline2.718.net (Proctologically=A0Violated=A9=AE) doth bruble: This is the whole premise for most of the New Genre of ShitTV. Cain't get much cheaper than Mike Rowe, on Dirty Jobs. I mean, what's he got? Him, one camera guy, and an digital editor. Mr. P.V.'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY

This IS a family group, if you don't know it. Or, you're taking your handle seriously.

Mike Rowe is good. But just him and a camera man? Don't think so. They show the people with him occassionally, last time I noticed there were at last haf a dozen people along. Two or three camera guys, someoe holding the mike, field producer, script girl. If that's how many I notice withot even paying attention, I'm sure there's even more. Hell, a news crew is as about as basic as you get, and even then there's a driver, cameraman, and reporter - that three right there.

Nice sig. Really inspires a lot of trust.

J T

The "Monkey Rescue" episode showed the whole crew at one time or another.

Reply to
B A R R Y

You forgot to mention the need to contribute money to buy 'credits' or upload a show that isn't already on there.

I'd sooner give money to that evil money grabbing bastard Murdoch than fund a private torrent site.

Reply to
Mike

I'm often amazed at the common items that sell for a buck or two require some expensive and sophisticated machinery to accomplish the end result. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Volume volume volume...

The segment on end mills was quite impressive. Makes you wonder why they don't cost more than they do.

For the woodworkers, how about that coffin segment?

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Wave solder is pretty much a thing of the past. Pick-n-place, followed by a reflow ovens for surface mount components have pretty much taken over. You can't see the actual reflow process, because you have to be very careful of the oven profile for each type of board made on that oven. BTDT with both the early "Pizza oven" type reflow oven, followed by a new Heller oven.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Unions are GREAT. (If you're a business agent, and official, or part of the staff.)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB