FA: Stanley #1 smoothing plane

http://easyurl.net/Stanley1
wrote: : http://easyurl.net/IwantyourcashsoImpostingthisstupidpointertoanebayauction
What is this eBay of which you speaketh? Can it be that there is no other way for prospective bidders to discover the treasures for auction there?
Thanks so much for posting this link!
I sure do hope everyone else in the world who has a woodworking tool for auction on Ebay will post a link here, so we can all be sure to know about it! What a great use of bandwidth! I do look forward to seeing more auction posts!
    Kindly Regards,
    Andy Barss
Andrew Barss wrote:

He's done more on-topic posting than you have today. 8^)
Andrew Barss wrote:

In future, please abbreviate the word "bandwidth" as "bndwth" thereby saving precious bndwth.
Thnks
: In future, please abbreviate the word "bandwidth" as "bndwth" thereby saving : precious bndwth.
I don't actually care about bandwidth, but I do care about not destroying rec.woodworking with auction posts.
If everyone who was auctioning off a woodworking tool on Ebay posted an announcement of it here, there would be about ten thousand FA posts a week.
Auction announcements belong on Ebay, not here.
    -- Andy Barss

Unfortunately, I currently run Google for newsgroups, but in most cases, just adding FA to your filters would eliminate that threat.
In article

Winning bid $1,951.50
snipped-for-privacy@pseudo.borked.net (RW) writes:

Too bad the pictures are no longer available...
RW wrote:

Wow!
By the way, these anonymous FA postings are posted by a clever eBay affiliate posting affiliate links, so that he or she makes money, if we click on the link and buy what is advertised.
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:33:57 +0200, RW

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:25:58 -0500, Ignoramus18849

So? It was a cool auction.