FA: New Porter Cable Router Edge Guide #42690

New, still in sealed package, Porter Cable Router Edge Guide for use with Models 100, 690, 691, and 693 Routers. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemu65474628&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Good deal.
$30.00 is almost as good as the Amazon price and they have free shipping to boot.
You can always bid on it with hopes of getting for less than the buy it now price.
On 21 Nov 2005 18:37:16 -0800, harold snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I'm pretty sure you'll find that it won't fit all four of those routers. The holes in the 691 for the rods are a good " farther apart than the ones in the 690 and 693 (which are the same). I can't speak to the 100 as I've never had my hands on one.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
You really should get your fact straight before making remarks.
There are multiple holes to attach rods on the edge gude to fit to the different models of routers. From the Porter Cable website: " Model 42690 Anodized extruded aluminum body for strength and durability Adjustments can be set quickly and accurately Large fence for smooth handling when routing For use with models 100, 690, 690LR, 690LRVS, 691, 693, 891, 892 and 893." http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e399&p825
On 21 Nov 2005 19:55:43 -0800, harold snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

So, the FACT is, the hole spacing IS different in those routers, as I said. I'm sorry I was thinking of the wrong edge guide. I was unaware of the 42690, thinking it was a 42160, 42225, or 39120 (see below). I didn't look at your auction.
Well, I learned something tonight:
    * The 42690 looks exactly like the 42700     * I've had the 42700 listed for years as the high tech edge guide Norm has used (it's for the larger routers--7518, et al). I'll have to recheck which routers he's used it with.     * You have a snotty way of enlightening someone who was simply trying to clarify an issue, however misinformed.
Have a nice day.