FA: Craftsman molding head set

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemC00196381
Is it me ...or would a single tooth cutter seem a bit out of balance? I have a Sears molding head and it uses three teeth. Is this a new or older model? Does anyone know?
Doug Miller wrote:

I believe it's an old model. I have one my father gave me and just looking at it scared the hell out of me. It does have a bit of a counterbalance so it can be balanced so it can't bea s bad as it looks. (hope not anyway)
Allen

The cutterhead is assymetrical to keep it balanced. This is an older design than the triple-cutter one.
(Doug Miller) wrote:

Doug,
'Asymmetrical' was accepted by my MS. Word spell checker. 'Assymetrical' gave the other option.
IMHO, The single cutter was just a cheaper version of the cutter. I purchased one about 40 years ago. Used it once and quickly exchanged it for the three head model. That one was great for rounding over, glue joints, ornamental edging and beading before the advent of routers.
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work
On Fri, 07 May 2004 15:21:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Hell, I could believe it. Considering recent events, aren't you typing a bit asymmetrically? ;>
M--
On Fri, 07 May 2004 13:53:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I inherited that same set from my father. I haven't used it since I got it, but we used it quite a bit on the RAS "way back when". I think he got it in about '67 or so (no, must have been '69, he got the RAS in '68). They work well if you control your feed and are seriously paranoid about kickback and body parts.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

I've got one, haven't used it in 20 years but am not afraid of it if used with caution as I do every time I flip the switch on my table saw. RM~
Closest I've been to immobilized by fear...but it does work. Wilson