EZ-Fasten 21 Gauge pin & Brad Nailer

Does anyone have any experience and/or opinions on this tool? I have been looking at a Grex 23 gauge pin nailer, but saw this EZ-Fasten advertised at $80 at Woodcraft. I realize you usually get what you pay for, so that is why I'm asking for advice. This would just be for weekend woodworking.

TIA

Reply to
woodyoubemine

No experience with either gun, but a suggestion. I recently bought a Senco micro pinner (23 ga). It would seem that the 23 ga pins are more commonly had than 21 ga pins, so my choice in your position would be the Grex. I love the little Senco BTW, it came with a little 1/2hp 1 gal compressor, nice for small jobs. One thing I *really* like about the small pins- they work real well for tacking a pattern to a board before going over with the flush trimmer. No more hot melt glue, tape, etc. Just pin and go. The holes are hard to see, the pattern pulls off easily, and the pins are pulled easily with pliars. One thing that suprised me on the little Senco though, it has no safety like my other nail guns. You pull the trigger, it shoots a pin! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

I have an upholstery stapler like that. Relatively new too. Off-shore brand is Superior. Nicely made. Works well. But no safety either. Mind you, there really isn't enough mass in a staple to tear a limb off a man, but maybe scratch a cornea? And if you shoot a staple in your hand, after doing that, you'd stop at one, right?

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
JGS