External door plans?

The door to my woodworking shop (shed) has essentially disintegrated. I've priced a couple of basic external doors at Home Depot and Lowes, but thought it would be more fun to build one myself. Does anyone have plans for a basic external door they could point me too? I'm going the google route as well, but thought I'd ask the experts here.
Thanks!
Andrew Robinson
Andrew Robinson wrote:

You might want to try "Make Your Own Handcrafted Doors and Windows" by John Birchard.

--
--John
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:25:50 -0500, Andrew Robinson

I've built a bunch of them, but never from plans. I'd be glad to help however I can.     Bridger
Considered a Dutch door? Two part with top open and bottom closed.
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:25:50 -0500, Andrew Robinson

Andrew Robinson wrote:

I've built a couple of doors for the two sheds I have. Both sheds have door openings of 8' wide and 7' high. I used 3/4" exterior plywood for the base door material and then used 1" x 4" pine to frame the door and make a cross buck on the bottom just for aesthetics.
Sorry, I had no plans. Built them on-the-fly from measurements taken from my door openings.
Here are some pics. http://www.willshak.com/temp/sheds.html
Nice pics! I've made doors for my 2 sheds but used 1/2 inch and they bow/warp like heck. Tried to save a buck and the advice of a friend who I think arrived in a puff of smoke.
Rich

Rich wrote:

never painted the backs of the doors for about a year after I painted the fronts. Since the doors were recessed, I used the regular butt hinges on them, but found that the supplied screws were not strong enough to overcome the weight of the 3/4" plywood doors plus trim, so I wound up using screw bolts and nuts. I have to get around to putting a ridge vent on that shed too, since there are no gable vents. The original shed had that home made cupola as a vent when the rafters were exposed. Once we (she) converted it to a pool house, and I insulated and put the wainscotting on the rafters, I had to install ridge venting on both sides of the cupola.