Exterior Door with Windows

I want to build an exterior door to provide light to a very dark entrance. Does anyone have some ideas/tips to provide for someone who has never built a door before? I don't know which type of wood would be best (ie - white oak, teak, etc?) and I don't know what type of glass to use. Also, how glass gets installed in an exterior door.
Thanks for any help I can get from the experts in this group would be appreciated!
Tom tom snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
--
-- "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a
difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -- President Ronald

I would use mortise and tenon joinery. Choose your stock carefully , especially the stiles. Mahogany is a good choice as is Oak. Rather then using cope and stick, apply a moulding to square edge stock to create the same effect. I used epoxy for the mortise and tenons and Titebond III for the sticking, We'll see how that holds up. =0 )
I have posted a couple of pics on abpw of a Cherry door I built recently using these methods. It is 2 1/4"thick by 4'-6" wide x 8' high.
HTH Lenny