Extension tables techniques and designs

Hallo! I woder whether if it exists any reference (book, web site or whathever) which explains some range of different designs and techniques to make extension tables (I am clueless about, so I'd like first to have an overall sight of available proven designs and the technique to manufacture them).
Thank you, Luciano