exotic woods

I have been trying to find a decent source for exotic woods and vaneers far to long tonight, the search enginees just keep giving me the same crap, mostly places that sell stuff made from exotic woods, hardwood flooring suppliers and the same 5 massive corporation style suppliers. I am looking for something in the US that will mill what you need and has a good range of woods. Oh and is friendly to the small amounts of woods I need. Last time I looked a found many places like this, but those bookmarks dissapeared long ago.

thanks adam

Reply to
adam

ajohns asks:

Have you tried woodfinder.com?

Type in one of the woods you want and it gives suppliers names.

I can't rate the suppliers, but typing in "pink ivory" gave me hits in more than 24 states.

Charlie Self

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

Reply to
Charlie Self

BURL

Reply to
charlie b

Take a look at:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

advantagelumber.com for wood.

constatines.com for veneer.

Renata

(no stain for email)

Reply to
Renata

Another good place for veneer is "Certainly Wood" at:

Advantage Lumber and Certainly Wood are in the Buffalo area. I've had excellent dealings with both.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

That's an interesting site. I found some places in my area I hadn't heard of. Looks like a good excuse to go take a ride early next week, thanks.

It did miss the three good places within 30 miles that I currently go to, so it's another good resource, not an only resource.

Rico

Reply to
Rico

I find SteveWall at

very good, dependable and competitive suppier.

Reply to
JLucas ILS

adam wrote: : I have been trying to find a decent source for exotic woods and vaneers : far to long tonight, the search enginees just keep giving me the same : crap, mostly places that sell stuff made from exotic woods, hardwood : flooring suppliers and the same 5 massive corporation style suppliers.

For veneer:

hardwood stock:

-- Andy Barss

Reply to