Existing Stain on Oak

Page 2 of 2
On 5/18/2012 8:34 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

Not at all but I did "apply liberally", it almost pooled on the top as I applied but I immediately wiped the excess off each section at a time. Basically the stuff is so thin that it penetrates immediately so you need to apply enough so that you get good coverage. Not complicated, it takes 4~10 seconds to understand how much to apply.
Now General Finishes also makes a "regular" water based stain which is much thicker by comparison and is a bit easier to deal with and raises the grain a bit less.
http://www.generalfinishes.com/retail-products/water-base-wood-stains-dyes/water-base-wood-stains
And the results here with the "non dye" water based stain. I was going for a nonformal country look here. My grandmother pained these 50 years ago.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/7199868900/in/photostream/lightbox /