Exhaust fan for shop

I found this exhaust fan for the shop.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 67&item835729663&rd=1
Do you think this will give me enough cfm for a 12*18 shop?
LOL, I have a 20" fan with 1/3 horse motor and automatic shutter doors in my shop, when I first built it and turned it on with everything closed up I thought it would suck the drywall off the studs. I've also learned it will suck a fire in the woodstove into the shop as well. I have to open the shop door or a couple of windows to run it but I think I can turn the air over in less then a minute. the shop is only 16x32.
Mike

Mike,
Would that be an attic fan or just a plain ol box fan? I think I'm going to have to go the blower route as I'm below ground and don't have a window. So I'll likely have to go through the rim joist, but I doubt a 4" exhaust will do it for me (resistance).
I got it at Graingers and its an industrial wall fan. 2 speeds with a remote control. Its a full size motor and meant to be built into the framing. When I'm brewing beer the neighbors say they can smell the hops that I add to the boil.
Mike

Bill Stock wrote:

Well, that's only a little over 21 exchanges/minute, assuming a 10' ceiling. If you have the wiring to support it you might be able to survive. Might want to brace the walls a little:-) Joe
I know what my 1 hp pool pump did to my electric bill. Can imagine multiplying that by 125.
I think that would be a good exhaust fan. Just be sure to run about 10 of those skinny white extension cords in series before you plug it in!
That might work better as a blower for dust collector. Connect that to a old 10,000 gal fuel tank for a chip seperator prior to having the dust collected by a hot air balloon sized bag. Make sure it's 2 micron or less!!!

I'd invest in one of those Velcro Suits, just in case. Better buy one for Kitty too...

Yeah, I was a little concerned about the women and small children.
Sure. You had better leave a door open when in operation! You will also need this to power it.
http://www.brownmarine.com/tg01.htm
Dave

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 67&item835729663&rd=1
Does he have an Aux Power Unit to run it too<G>? Grandpa