eWoodShop - Kitchen 2 Refresh 2015

Kitchen #2 for 2015 bites the dust, in Before and After order.
This one was problematic/nip and tuck due to budget restraints, but turned out much better in the end than I had expected about half way through:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopKitchen2Refresh2015?noredirect=1
Only three cabinets was added, but a whole lot of surgery was done to re-purpose existing cabinetry, not easy in these old, built-in kitchens.
I'll take it...
Starting Kitchen #3 for 2015 this week, and two more right behind that one. No rest for the weary these days. Not bitchin' ... hay while the sun shines, and all that.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/25/15 11:59 AM, Swingman wrote:

Quite a transformation. Love the range hood. Brilliant work, as has come to be expected. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 3/25/2015 12:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, me too. Took Carlos and I the better part of two days to get that thing installed. But it went a long way to giving an old kitchen a modern, updated look.

Thanks, Mike!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 12:59:11 PM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:

Nice! Feel free to swing by and get me un-stalled on my shaker door project!
On 3/25/2015 12:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

LOL. Thanks.
Buy'em books, send them school, and whaddya get? ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/25/2015 10:59 AM, Swingman wrote:

Nice, Nice, Mighty Nice. Beautiful work.
On 3/25/2015 12:29 PM, Max wrote:

Thanks.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Nice!!!!!!!
On 3/25/2015 12:59 PM, Swingman wrote:

On 3/25/2015 5:07 PM, geoff wrote:

Thanks, geoff...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Swingman wrote:

Looks great! I especially like the windows over the sink. Not sure what was there before.
--
 GW Ross

 People who live in stone houses
On 3/25/2015 6:15 PM, G. Ross wrote:

Thanks.
The windows were there all along. Simply accenting them slightly with the granite and back splash material made them a noticeable "feature".
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
As always, really nice work, Karl. Who did the redesign work on the kitche n? I know it was a lot (say compared to a gutted room), but the small chan ges made a dramatic new look to really update the appearance and functiona lity. Good stuff, especially that new hood.
But... no new doors or fronts for the cabs? Seems like that would have bee n a must if they had gone that far with stainless hoods, granite tops, new appliances, etc. Just wondering...
Robert

I think the doors and drawers are new. Same color but different rails and stiles on both.

Thanks, Robert.
All new doors and drawer fronts.
I insisted on it, and had to make some concessions in order to make that happen. What I didn't do was apply the finish, The husband is highly allergic, only water based finishes could be used, with NO spraying, and no hint of odor was allowed, none, nada, ... all brush work, with as much done off-site as possible.
Client had her own painter who had worked for her previously.
That was biggest concern about half way through. All the good sound work, re-purposing, and added structural integrity was for naught if it was still going to look like shit at the end. Amazing what a little cajoling and supervising can do. Worth the effort in the end, but made me damned tired in the process.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/30/2015 8:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

And Robert, he was not allowed in to the garage... ;~)
On 3/30/2015 8:26 AM, Leon wrote:

Amelia Earhardt and Jimmi Hoffa may finally be found in that garage ... didn't want to take the chance.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/25/2015 11:59 AM, Swingman wrote:

A remarkable improvement and a job well done, as usual!