eWoodShop - Kitchen 2 Refresh 2015

Kitchen #2 for 2015 bites the dust, in Before and After order.

This one was problematic/nip and tuck due to budget restraints, but turned out much better in the end than I had expected about half way through:

Only three cabinets was added, but a whole lot of surgery was done to re-purpose existing cabinetry, not easy in these old, built-in kitchens.

I'll take it...

Starting Kitchen #3 for 2015 this week, and two more right behind that one. No rest for the weary these days. Not bitchin' ... hay while the sun shines, and all that.

Reply to
Swingman

Quite a transformation. Love the range hood. Brilliant work, as has come to be expected. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nice! Feel free to swing by and get me un-stalled on my shaker door project!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Nice, Nice, Mighty Nice. Beautiful work.

Reply to
Max

Yeah, me too. Took Carlos and I the better part of two days to get that thing installed. But it went a long way to giving an old kitchen a modern, updated look.

Thanks, Mike!

Reply to
Swingman

LOL. Thanks.

Buy'em books, send them school, and whaddya get? ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks.

Reply to
Swingman

Nice!!!!!!!

Reply to
geoff

Looks great! I especially like the windows over the sink. Not sure what was there before.

Reply to
G. Ross

Thanks, geoff...

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks.

The windows were there all along. Simply accenting them slightly with the granite and back splash material made them a noticeable "feature".

Reply to
Swingman

A remarkable improvement and a job well done, as usual!

Reply to
Leon

As always, really nice work, Karl. Who did the redesign work on the kitche n? I know it was a lot (say compared to a gutted room), but the small chan ges made a dramatic new look to really update the appearance and functiona lity. Good stuff, especially that new hood.

But... no new doors or fronts for the cabs? Seems like that would have bee n a must if they had gone that far with stainless hoods, granite tops, new appliances, etc. Just wondering...

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I think the doors and drawers are new. Same color but different rails and stiles on both.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks, Robert.

All new doors and drawer fronts.

I insisted on it, and had to make some concessions in order to make that happen. What I didn't do was apply the finish, The husband is highly allergic, only water based finishes could be used, with NO spraying, and no hint of odor was allowed, none, nada, ... all brush work, with as much done off-site as possible.

Client had her own painter who had worked for her previously.

That was biggest concern about half way through. All the good sound work, re-purposing, and added structural integrity was for naught if it was still going to look like shit at the end. Amazing what a little cajoling and supervising can do. Worth the effort in the end, but made me damned tired in the process.

Reply to
Swingman

And Robert, he was not allowed in to the garage... ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Amelia Earhardt and Jimmi Hoffa may finally be found in that garage ... didn't want to take the chance.

Reply to
Swingman