eWoodShop - Kids Under Stairs Playhouse

Couple of months back while doing a cabinet job in the neighborhood, I noticed that the stairs to the second floor, in this $1.2m abode, had the underneath opening/alcove exposed in the garage.

I mentioned in passing to the client, who has three children under the age of five, that if there was ever a place for an indoor, kid's playhouse, that was it.

Apparently that off-the-cuff remark struck a chord. He got in touch a few weeks back, calling my bluff, and wanted to see what I had envisioned when I'd made that remark.

I whipped him up a design/proposal and, although the stairs/ladder/elevator access to the "second floor" is still undecided, this is what has resulted thus far:

It now appears that the entire garage, instead of being the ubiquitous woodshop, is now a kiddie playground, with my design/build the focal point.

Gotta have some fun in this game when/where you can find it. ;)

(The kid's, at my insistence and me being colorblind, picked out the colors)

Reply to
Swingman

What a cool project, fun for everybody.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I wonder who had more fun. ;-)

Really nice.

Reply to
krw

A Pull up ladder might do it. Bet that was a fun job. Looks very princess worthy.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

That is one coooool play house. Good Job!

Reply to
Leon

Nice. And still useful for storage when the kids outgrow it in a few years.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Thanks, Larry ... a point I made to the client.

Most families shopping for homes in this area have children, and do so for the excellent public elementary school in the this 'city-within-a-city' (West University Place, TX), one of the few PS left standing in this third world, urban cesspool called Houston these days.

This little playhouse investment will, along with the kitchen and bathes, sell the house to future buyers.

Reply to
Swingman

I thought I sent this yesterday...

Anyway great idea and execution. Disneyland in the garage!

Reply to
Leon

As someone whose total knowledge of Texas comes from an early 1990s National Geographic article about Austin, and the song Breakfast In America by Supertramp, what's up with Houston?

Go on... Humour me! ;-)

Reply to
pastedavid

Typical large American city where politics are more important than the citizens.

Reply to
Leon