eWoodShop - Hutch End Cabinets 2010

Page 1 of 2
To match the style of a "kitchen cabinet" hutch previously designed for the client, which itself was based on a kitchen hutch I built for her daughter in a custom home we built:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopHutchEndCabinets2010
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

nets2010>
Yummy!!
--
Best regards
Han
On 10/10/2011 11:25 AM, Han wrote:

Thanks, Han!
... I've been testing various naming conventions for bringing my old 90's 1.0 website into the 21st century by converting it into a possible "blog" (plus perhaps more exposure on G+ when it's opened to brands), and no better place than here, where some more woodworking content, albeit slightly rehashed, will hopefully not be amiss. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I don't mind being reminded of previously published nice woodworking stuff. I still need hints at what can be done, how it should be done, and how it looks ... I am in the process of constructing a wide (77") and high (32") window seat with a step in front of ~10" wide and 12" high. The darn thing has to also be storage and (steam heat) radiator cover. Spouse induced me to use left-over pieces of particle board and melamine parts of an old bookcase for the 5 uprights (1 in the middle for support and 2 times 2 to flank the radiator). There will be cushions on top of the thick pegboard seat (with pine moldings for support and show). But now I have to find ways to make the openings for the air circulation presentable, finish the edges of the uprights, and make doors for the storage compartments, a way to make the step able to flip up to access storage under it, etc. The whole thing also needs to be put together in situ at my daughter's, and it'll be about 7 times too heavy to transport as a single piece.
--
Best regards
Han
On 10/10/2011 12:12 PM, Han wrote:

Check your G+ incoming ... just +'ed you in a post, re: window seats. I really like the way this guy does them:
https://plus.google.com/photos/104533866656776626661/albums/5660946288796739377/5661293219694938642
There are a number of shots in a row, just keep clicking.
(I don't know whether they will show up to those not on G+, they should if they've been posted "public")
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I answered on G+: Douglas Heffner: That's beautiful work, Douglas, which Karl Caillouet pointed me too. Since what I am making is per order from my wife largely from scrap, and it has to fit full-width in a dormer, under a window, and against a steam radiator, I just want to make it presentable. Eventually I'll put up some photos ... I'm retired, and have many things on my plate, so it may be a while!!
--
Best regards
Han
On 10/10/2011 1:01 PM, Han wrote:

G+ is really turning out to be a cool place for those interested in woodworking, eh!
:)
</evangelical mode>
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

And that is a good thing!
--
Best regards
Han
On 10/10/2011 2:12 PM, Swingman wrote:

BTW that was 46-50 of the pics at the bottom I was asking about. Apparently the link doesn't change as you change photos.
On 10/10/2011 9:26 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

On 10/10/2011 8:26 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Sign up for a gmail account, then go to:
https://plus.google.com/ and sign up for G+ there.
It is no longer by invitation and is open to the public, so anyone can sign up now.

Those are not my projects, they are another cabinet maker on G+ "Douglas Heffner".
If/when you sign up, circle me "Karl Caillouet" (or gplus link in sig below), and I will be glad to share my woodworking "circle" with you to get you started without having to go through building your own.
Robotoy, -MIKE-, Steve Turner, Leon, Han, and a couple of others who post here are already first gen G+ users, so you won't be lonely. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/10/2011 10:50 PM, Swingman wrote:

Cute. But what's with the concept? End tables/nightstands for a hutch? Go figure.
P.S: I like the scale. Height and setback are just right.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson
On 10/10/2011 12:32 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

"Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die..."
Like I've said before, C-Less, I just build'em like they want, don't color them, don't ask too many questions, just put my head down and fulfill the contract.

I designed the original, so it damned well better be!
Thanks! Just kidding! :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

So, you have only two 2-word phrases you use with clients, eh?
"Yassah, massah!" and "Pay me!"

;)
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin
On 10/10/2011 12:32 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

OK Larry describing some ones hard work and effort as "cute" is gay. How do I know this, I had a gay neighbor that described my work as cute. ;-) I know you did not intend to be but when you are on the receiving end it is kind of insulting.

Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeease, Sister. You'll soon have me crying. Wait a minute, isn't liking an unscary table saw gay, too? Are you trolling, sweetie? <bseg>
P.S: I'm hetero. Can you confirm that if you go BI that you double your chances of a date on Saturday night? <wink>

Swingy hears it often, after he finishes a job for a female client or maybe even a guy who's not afraid to acknowledge his feminine side. Compared to the massive hutch, the little side cubes were "cute" in comparison. I think he has enough confidence in his fine work that he doesn't need to hear accolades for every cut he makes in wood, either.
Karl, tell him. You didn't get offended by that "cute" comment, right?
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson
On 10/11/2011 8:47 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Not a'tall, C-Less ... Leon was just pulling your leg. He'll do that. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/11/2011 8:47 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Larry your are a hoot!

Jewelcome.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson