eWoodShop - Dining Room Chair Repair (simple minded)

This was a chair that a tenant broke in two pieces? (hell if I know) and, since it is cheap (Chinese) furniture in a summer lake house, it didn't deserved too much time. I stuck the pieces in the back of the truck a couple of weeks back in AR and finally got around to it in the shop today.
Sometime quick and dirty does the trick:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopDiningChairRepair#
A recent thread mentioned the alignment problems with dowel joinery ... it really isn't that difficult to do if you're careful about religiously using reference faces, use dowel pins, and have a flat assembly surface you can count on ... AAMOF, the few 5/16" dowel holes required in this were drilled by hand with a cordless Makita drill (the dowel jig I have was too setup intensive to bother with).
On chairs, dowel joinery is generally where Angels fear to tread, but this chair now sits perfectly, and squarely, on all four legs ... and the tenant gets the bill.
Sometimes you get lucky ... I'll know more if/when the emailed invoice is paid. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Looks good for another 100,000 miles. Hope you collect and charged what the repair was worth..
On 5/23/2013 7:49 PM, Swingman wrote:

And sometimes it's just gratifying fixing something instead of tossing it in the never ending abyss of garbage.
--
Jeff

The furniture whether relates to home or shop should be repaired from time to time. The best method is to repair all joints and change the wood which is broken.
--
smith46

On 5/25/2013 4:56 AM, smith46 wrote:

Say what??

The best method is to repair only those joints that need repair and replace any wood which is broken.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 5/25/2013 8:06 AM, Swingman wrote: