eWoodShop - BR Remodel 2014

Job description was adding two closets, and an over the window wall cabinet for storage, in a 90 year old house, while matching the crown, baseboard, shoe molding, and match the doors, and door trim, in the rest of the house.

Finished up, paint ready, this morning after four days of work. Client is doing the painting herself:

My bones are telling me this morning that I'm getting too old for this.

Swingman

Looks good Karl.

My bones are just fine. Everything else has gone to hell. But the bones seem to be OK. ;)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

You probably are getting too old for it, but on the other hand, doing this is keeping you going.... too many guys like you stop and die, they just can't stop doing things.

Nice work.

Reply to
woodchucker

---------------------------------------------- Know the feeling well.

A chiropractor can be your friend.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

You're right of course ... but a single instance may be preferable to feeling like you'd have to get better to die every damned evening after work.

;)

Just kidding ... but Dayum!

Reply to
Swingman

What are the insides of those closets like?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Physically: Drywall, same texture as the existing walls in the house. Same baseboard shoe and crown ... believe it or not (that's what the client wanted, and why my back hurts - doing trim carpentry small spaces).

Utility: The client has a shelving system currently in use. Part of the specs for the closets called for the apparently expensive, existing wire clothes hanging system, and the wire drawer system, four components total, be incorporated into the new closets.

Those shelving systems are blocked out to scale in the framing plan here:

Placement for this expensive system was critical in the design of the closets, because the space was limited, and the drawers open full extension to 27", so to open fully the drawer path must coincide with an opened closet door.

The devil is always in the details ... and attention to detail is the difference between mediocrity and supremacy. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Great use of unused space!

Reply to