eWoodShop - 327 Kitchen Refresh 2013

Apparently this has been designated as the summer to do something about the lake house we inherited from Linda's side of the family a few years back.
So far, one bathroom down; now a kitchen and another bath to go.
I decided to keep the solidly built upper cabinets in the kitchen and just repair, repaint and make new doors for them. But, the base cabinets will have to go ... first things first:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShop327KitchenRefresh2013?noredirect=1
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

End of Phase 1:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShop327KitchenRefresh2013?noredirect=1#5897563779910917506
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On Saturday, July 6, 2013 1:17:09 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

Re: the last pic. "End of Phase 1:Upper cabinets sanded, primed and painted, and new doors hung."
According to the clock, all done before noon. That's pretty darn good.
Sonny

Second coat of BIN rolled on cabinets before 9PM last night, painted inside corners and edges with a brush before 10:30 PM; hit the ground at 6 this morning and was finished rolling paint and trim before 8AM; dry enough by 11AM to mount doors, and you're right, that took about 30 minutes (Linda is a pretty good hand as a trim carpenter helper, she's had lots of practice and with her help the two of us can boogie with Euro hinged doors). Doors remained open until 8PM tonight when the dishes started going back in, and will remain open tonight.
Me, I'm going fishing tomorrow...
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 7/6/2013 11:35 PM, Swingman wrote:

Just curious..
--
Jeff

It would be pushing my Earlex SprayStation 5000 a bit hard to spray a water based alkyd enamel (SW ProClassic) on a vertical surface. I can get away with it spraying flat, like I did on the doors, but from experience I'd have to thin it way too much for the look I wanted. I'm a lousy painter, and a cautious one ... painting is just not what I do, so I take the easy way out.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 7/7/2013 6:00 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I have to think "over spray" control.