Evolution of a hero

Page 3 of 4
SNIP

LMAO - this site is great!!! Some outfit pretending to be anti-US, and very anti-capitalist selling everything under the sun at very high profit margins using every marketing trick in the book and all those nice capitalistic things like crdit cards, etc. I bet someone is just rolling in the dough laughing at the "idealists" that are bankrolling his great lifestyle using mommy and daddy's credit cards.
I love it, ain't capitalism great.
Dave Hall
Larry Jaques wrote:

<whoooosh>
The irony went right over your head, didn't it Monsieur Jacques? :)
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:57:20 -0500, Silvan

hey, I got it...     Bridger
Bridger wrote:

I'm glad *someone* was awake. Larry's been sniffing too much shellac maybe.

In this vein, there was a post a little while ago about "deadly power tools" and an association to ban them. I don't remember anything else about the tongue-in-cheek 'analysis' but I do remember the slogan at the top of the page:
"It feels good to give up a little freedom in exchange for a lot of safety."
Chew on that awhile.
-Phil Crow
Hey Larry 80% leaves another 20% for foreign investment, get it ???
--

"Larry Jaques" <novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Mike Hide wrote:

That's close to Check Kiting.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

This is a little misleading. The US Treasury department categorizes the debt (US Treasury Table OFS-1) down as debt carried by the Federal Reserve/US Government vs debt held by private US sources vs debt held by private foreign sources.
The fraction of the total debt held by private foreign sources is actually almost the same as the fraction held by private US sources (both are about 20-25% of the total). The rest is held internally by the Fed and the government.
The claim that the national debt "is not a problem" goes counter to common sense, and also goes counter to what every major economist says. Foreign payments on the debt drain real wealth from the tax base, and sustained debts result in higher effective interest rates. In the long run, they can decrease confidence in US markets.

avoided
affairs
direction.
Yeah, because the national debt was invented during the Bush 42 administration.
And you're gonna have to explain this to me. Bush, with other investors, bought the Texas Rangers for $89 million in 1989. After being elected governor, Bush resigned as managing general partner in December of 1994. According to Financial World, the value of the franchise in 1994 is $157 million. The following year, after the labor stoppage from the year before, the value of the franchise is reduced to $138 million. In 1996, the Rangers won the AL West and the team's value was estimated at $173 million. Two years later, the team is sold to Tom Hicks for $250 million. So, in 9 years, the value of the team increased from $89 million to $250 million. I'm sure there's some way this can be spun as bankrupting the Texas Rangers, but like I said, you're going to have to explain it to me.
Oh, and "nearly" bankrupted Texas? Is that like "mostly dead"?
todd
todd responds:

Truly? Damn, I thought it was years old. No one suggested Shrubor his daddy invented the system. But Not Jr. has sure as hell perfected it.
Charlie Self "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

daddy
other
Interesting how you let the rest of my comments just slide. You sure you wouldn't care to elaborate on your statement about the Rangers? Or is that something you saw at MoveOn? Wait, I know...Michael Moore told you.
todd
Molly Ivans' book, "Shrub", details the financial scam that GW performed using the Rangers. It paints a not so pretty picture of him.
RB
todd wrote:

OK, what was the scam?
todd

you
that

Oh, *there's* a fair and unbiased source. You mock people for quoting Rush Limbaugh, his credibility ranks higher than ol' Molly's.

Mark & Juanita responds;

C'mon. The only thing lower on the credibility stage than Limbaugh is Drudge.
Or maybe Fox.
Charlie Self "We're 269 days from the election, and that's several political lifetimes." TERRY HOLT, Bush campaign spokesman.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

Fine, but to someone with even a modicum of a sense of fair play, Molly Ivens falls in the same category to the left.
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:41:03 GMT, Mark & Juanita

if you're a hypocritical drug addicted right wing idiot, perhaps.
I don't recall mocking anyone for quoting Rush.
RB
Mark & Juanita wrote:

todd writes:

Go for it. As an icidental point, what's MoveOn? And who is Michael Moore? Only one I know of has some relation to movies, which means his opinion is as valuable as yours.
Charlie Self "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." Mark Twain
On 07 Feb 2004 11:55:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

Michael Moore is a wonderfully funny comedian who also happens to be a rabid liberal. He has written several best-sellers including "Stupid White Men" and "Dude, Where's My Country?" in which he brings all of the bullshit from the current country "leaders" into the open in one place. It's amazing.
While I'm not sure I completely trust his content, it brings up enough trackable info to immediately question our wonderful new totali^H^H^H^H^H^Hleader's motives and agenda.
I recommend getting to a library and picking up a copy of each to open your eyes to a bit more of what's really going on behind the scenes of the new world dom^H^H^Horder. Then verify what you read with other sources you trust.
Another good and scary one is "The Coming Anarchy" by Robert Kaplan.
========================================================== Save the Endangered Boullions from being cubed! http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==========================================================